Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TCS/ASR delete...already seached

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCS/ASR delete...already seached

I know this is kinda of technical, I did a search and really didn't find what I needed. I know in taking out the TCS/ASR box under the hood I will need a new cable but is there anything else involved in it's removal? I don't care about keeping trac control or cruise control. I have the part number for a new throttle cable, I just want to make sure there is nothing else that needs to be done beyond taking out the cables and the box, and re attaching a new thottle cable. I put it here because it is kind of an underhood appearance thing as well as an effort to just generally declutter under the hood. Thanks for any help, it is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-29-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT...would like to know, myself...
Old 04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
12 Second Club

TTT, somebody has done this....share the wealth with me and Lawman SS!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Lawman SS, I spoke with the shop I get some of my work done and was told it is as simple as replacing with a new throttle cable off a non TCS/ASR car. You will lose trac control, ABS, and crruise. If you want to keep cruise there is another cable you need. I'm looking for the part number, I will post it when I find it. If it disables ABS that just gives me a reason to buy the SJM ABS delete line loc kit.

Found the Part Number, check out this thread for more info and the part number.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/658946-traction-control-delete-keep-cruise.html
Old 05-01-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Are you looking to get rid of the box on the driver's side and the servo on the passenger's side? If yes, then all you need is the throttle cable from a non-TCS car. Your ABS will still work properly. If you leave the servo, but get rid of the box, you can keep your existing throttle cables. If you do not want to remove anything, and just kill TCS, then all you have to do is pull the TCS/ASR fuse from the fuse box.

All scenarios, the ABS still works. The TCS/ASR OFF light will light up once the car begins to move if these systems are disabled.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

I want to remove the servo for now. I will replace the block later with the SJM kit.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

old thread.. but any write ups on this with pics possibly?
Old 12-22-2009, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hide it behind the pcm. You can't see it and you still can use your tcs.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Sure its an old thread, but i'm sure people will still look at it.....has anyone got a spare ASR switch for sale that works and lights up? For cheap....
Old 12-22-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to show everyone it's possible, I moved my TCS servo motor to under the left headlight where it's out of site and then welded in the fender dimple.

All you need to do is lengthen one of the cables like so. It costs under 10 bucks to do that.

In fact, you can move it lots of places once you know how to lengthen the cables.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK. So, how do you lengthen the cables?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

OK. So, how do you lengthen the cables?
^^This
Old thread I know, but i'm in the process of messing with the tcs crap. Id prefer not to lose abs and this looks like the solution.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The cable is replaced with a longer one while the sheath is cut and a new section added in.

Go to Walmart or someblace that sells bicycle parts and buy a brake cable kit. It will include a new long cable and sheath.

Match the cable end to fit into the TCS part, cut to length and then use a cable clamp on the throttle body end.

There are lots of ways to connect the 3 sheath pieces. Since the sheath is under tension, you only need to build up the diameter of the smaller sheath pieces with tape or something and then slip some type of tube over the area where they connect. If you use a plastic tubing you can use glue or epoxy to hold it in place and keep it sealed up. If you use a metal tube (like I did) you can gently crimp the tube ends and then apply a little RTV silicone to seal it.

Quick Reply: TCS/ASR delete...already seached