Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got 15% tint and defective windshield today....WOOHOO!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got 15% tint and defective windshield today....WOOHOO!

Well I screwed up the other day...
I went to wash my car by hand when it was 80 degrees outside and as soon as I put the water on the front windshield it cracked because there was a small chip in the glass

Today before heading to work I called Elite auto glass here in Westminster and they quoted me $225 with tax for mobile installation so I set it up for 3pm.
While heading to work I spotted a Quality auto sound and got a quote for 3M tint for $220..that seemed a little steep so I told him I was having a windshield installed and im running low on cash, he told me he actully runs a little window replacement shop in town and can get me one for $150 if I got the tint..In the end we worked it out for $355 for the windshield and tint so I left my car there at 10am and cancelled my order with Elite.
Well I get my car back at 6pm and I was happy with the work but there were a bunch of little tiny bubbles in the tint but he said a couple days in the sun and they will come out guaranteed.

I jumped in my car and as soon as I got on the street me and my friend felt sick...the windshield was all jacked up.
It looked like we were under water, the glass was defective and the sidewalk lines were all screwey...kinda like you were looking through someones prescription glasses.
I went back to quality auto sound and talked to him about it, he appologized and said bring it back tomorrow and leave it so they can put another one in.

I will see how it goes but anyways I have never driven a car with this kind of **** going on in the windshield..kinda makes you feel drunk

Heres some pics of what the car looks like with the 15% tint all the way around, I like it alot better now.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great, gotta love tint! i like your blue tape mod jk
Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
looks great, gotta love tint! i like your blue tape mod jk
Yea it increases gas mileage as much as 30%. People are already giving me the because they cant afford this mod.

But yea the tint makes a huge difference with the whole look of the car, now I can install a double din dvd and not worry about people clearly seeing it.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:38 AM
SCRWS6

I always just thought it was the angle of the windshield, took me a day to get used to driving it, was so screwy compared to my old Regal....
Old 06-15-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, I heard that Camaros are notorious for getting dvd players stolen from them......good luck with that.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I had to drive 20 miles today to get the windshield replaced but had to pay $25 for new molding since they said they couldnt reuse my old one, they did however cover half the cost of the molding supposedly.
While the guy was replacing the window they used this air powered chisel thing to get the window loose but he cut about 3 inches into my wiper cover and screwed it up.
The owner said he couldnt do anything about it except get one from a junk yard and then call me when he gets it...what ever so I hopped in the car after they were done and took off.

The windshield is 10 times better than the last one plus now I have the new molding..Honestly I didnt save any money going with quality auto sound after gas and the extra $25 plus now I got a quote from another shop for $125 for 3m tint....**** its too late now but I am going to go back to quality auto sound next week and bitch about my back window, it looks like **** in the corners and you can see a bunch of dust trapped in it.

Wish I could have done this stuff myself, oh well it was just money and they grow that **** on trees.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup cracked winshields is a fun thing out this way isnt it!?
Old 06-16-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes you feel my pain.

Really it started out as a small chip but my dumb *** had to put cold water on a steaming hot windshield.

Oh since you are local, do you know any dyno tune shops?
I havent started calling around but figured you may know.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Got 15% tint and defective windshield today....WOOHOO!