Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help! Spots all over car

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Spots all over car

I have little black and yellow spots all over my car. I washed some of them off but there are still all over the place. If I sit there and work at them with my fingernail, the black ones will eventually come off but I don't have time to do every single one. The yellow ones aren't coming off and they look like tiny pieces of rusted metal, like brake dust, has settled on the paint and and decided to stay. They look like tiny tiny rust spots. I'm sure all of which is on or in the clear cause the only scratches on my car are in the clear, the fine ones you can barely see in the right light. Is there anything that'll help me? Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give as much info about it as possible.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Time to get out the clay bar.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Clay bar is your friend ..

from what you described, sounds like you should be able to clay it away.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Never used a claybar before but I bought it and threw it to the worse part of the car first. Didn't have much hope for it working and it KICKED @$$!!!! I tried scrubing with a rag, netted sponge, fingernails, etc. Nothing even came close to working.......until Claybar got on it's @$$. I'm amazed at how quick and easy it is. I am humbled by the almighty Claybar and regretful for doubting it. Claybar for President!!! Sorry, I'm just really relieved and happy this crap is coming off. Thanks so much for the help. Both of you saved my paint. THANKS!!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you got my vote for President Clay Bar
Old 06-15-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

samething happened to me. Do you have a sycamore tree close by that getting sap in the air from the trees being dry? Shows up bad on white cars.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Launching!

No, no trees. This was like tiny metal shavings that had settled on car. I'm claybar the entire car tomorrow when I get off work. I just did half of the bumper today to see if it was going to work or not. The bumper and the spoiler are the worse part. It got 90% of the "stuff" off the bumper so I think the rest of the car will be fine. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone. I honestly had no faith in it due to nothing else working. I was seriously doubting a buffer working. My shoes feel better on my feet but today they were in my mouth, lol
Old 06-16-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on the clay discovery

Now get out there and Zaino your car, or use your wax of choice to protect it so that stuff doesn't build back up!

Quick Reply: Help! Spots all over car