Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My A/F Ratio Guage install.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My A/F Ratio Guage install.

Alright, I had an 2 1/16 Autometer A/F Ratio Guage I needed to install but I did not have a pod and I have always had **** stolen out of my car so I didnt really want one, cuz I knew it would get broken into........so I wanted to do something different, so I needed to fix the door on my ash tray, and I didnt use it newayz so I fixed the door and put the guage in there, that way It will also be hidden away from sight. Here are some pictures of it. You mite like and or you might think its stupid, but I like the way it looks in my car. lol

Last edited by Mike96z; 07-01-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

you pics need a / added to the 2nd [img]
Old 07-02-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, yea I understand taking your eyes off the wheel thing, but even with the pod, some people arent skilled enough to focus on the road and the pod. I just drove it to test it out, didnt cause me any problems personally, it did help because I noticed that my car at idle is really lean and sometimes too lean to display or something, but during WOT its on the STOICH near the end but never hits rich at all. SO thats not really good.

The main reason for the install this way is so noone will be looking in my car and spot it and try to steal it, car has been broken into too many times, I cant even keep my tach in, have to connect it every single day i need it.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

At least the light show won't blind you as you drive @ night.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a NB gauge installed in my pillar and it only bothered me for the first night. After that, I didnt even notice it anymore unless I was looking at it. I dont even really notice my pillar gauges. I keep the lights dimmed alittle bit, and Im using all reddish/orange lighting so it doesnt affect my eyes as much anyway.

On your install... I like it. I think that spot is better suited for a nitrous pressure gauge or some gauge that isnt meant to be looked at constantly... You probably would have been good with only one autometer sticker (on the ashtray lid). But still good job on the install.

I never even hooked my NB gauge up to my LS1 when i did the swap... Im just going to install a WB gauge when I get time. Those NB gauges are just too wacky. So inaccurate that its not even worth it sometimes.

Again..Good job on the install! I always like seeing things hidden in the ashtray. Im a non smoker, so I have my window switches in mine (87 TA with a 4th gen console).

Justin