Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HID ballast locations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 07:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID ballast locations?

Ok, so in the write-up hehe, I saw they used the AIR pump location, and thought cool good thinking.

Now sitting here looking at everything hehe, I can't remember if my tuner deprogrammed all that EGR and AIR stuff or not, but if we did, we didn't remove any of the housings or tubings.

Next dilemma, where to place 6 ballasts haha. Hi's Lo's and fog's.

As of right now I a using industrial strength velcro. I have the HI's ballast loocated on top of the parking light plastic housing, then have the low's mounted on top of the air inlet housing which is just below that parking light housing area. Have 2 big strips placed on the botton of the ballasts and then have 2 big strips on the car.. let the adhesive cure over night, but there is still some wiggle room between the ballast and car velcros.

The fogs, I think I am going to place the ballasts on that semi-flexible hard plastic just behind and below the fogs. Thinking about maybe velcro'ing it to the metal area just behind and slightly above them.. looks like some nice ledges or areas to lay them in.

Im debating about maybe drilling in a few holes in those housing areas I used for the hi's and lo's, and maybe sliding in some of those slip ties to maybe help hold them in place.

Where did you guys place your ballasts? The brackets that came with it seem kinda too flexible and dont seem to secure the ballasts quite well enough. I couldn;t really see any good solid spots to try and bolt em in at etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated

The lights though are awesome.. 8000k are dead sexy. blow away my old yellowy craptastic 100w whatever blue bulbs hehe
Old 07-03-2007, 09:52 AM
SCRWS6

If you have the black plastic trim removed(part that goes around your lights) and the lights flipped up, you should be able to see a circular hole in the metal directly under your flipped up lights, I am frequently removing my ballasts to test my projector setup and that hole allows for you to make a hook with the bracket and hook your ballast into there(behind the metal so all you actually see is really the hook) as for the fogs I tried behind the fogs on the ledge directly below the washer reservoir? seemed to work well, but I really wanted to remove the front bumper cover and do it up right, just no time lately...
Old 07-03-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool. Yea that washer resevoir was my thinking too. Later on when Ihave more time I will try and do a better job of it.

I just have my SSRA right there and makes the fog light stuff a bit of a trial and error and just going by feel haha.