Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Decent lesser expensive seats?

Old 07-06-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Decent lesser expensive seats?

My TA only has 31k miles on it and the driver seat bottom already looks floppy and saggy. I've only put the last 4k miles on it, so I don't know how big the previous own was, if that has anything to do with it. I'm not impressed with the leather, I thought coming from a 99 Z28 with leather this one would be better. Definitely not as good imo. Should I look for the "upgrade" TransAm seats with inflatable lumbar or another after market seat or take it to an upholstery shop to have the lower seat bottom replaced? Arizen are too much for my blood. Any ideas or experience appreciated.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Try looking up mad racing concepts. They're a non-sponsor so I can't give you a link but they're pretty decent seats from what I've read.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

The seat bottom is supported by thin wires that eventually cut through the foam . You may want to disassemble the seat and inspect it. If thats what happened, you may want to lay something across the wires then put the foam back on over that. You can also swap the bottoms of the driver and passenger seat. They are identical. The only change to the swap is to move a threaded clip from one side of the bottom to the other. Then it'll bolt right up.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

10-4. Thanks, I'll look into both those ideas.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Decent lesser expensive seats?