Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LT1 replacement dash pad, easier removal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 replacement dash pad, easier removal?

I mutilated my 1995 camaro dash pad trying to remove it and had to order a replacement from GMPartsDirect for $188. That thing would just NOT come out without cracking into many pieces! All the velcro pads broke off the dash pad aswell. Is there any way to modify the new piece I am getting so that it is secure but easier to remove next time? Maybe stitching the velcro pads to double sided tape or some alternative? I think a major contributor to its demise was it being 12 years old! Any suggestions are appreciated!! Thanks!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

just curious you did remove your a-pillars first.... i know on my t-top the a-pillars have to be removed before the dash pad pops up..... I'm assuming its the same on the vert
Old 07-11-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I did, the a-pillars were extremely easy to remove on the vert. The plastic first snapped by the front vent right above the gauge cluster. My GM velcro pads never seperated and the mounting was pulled out of the dash pad. Those things were really on there! I was thinking maybe reducing the number of velcro pads or changing them to regular velcro to make removal much easier next time.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

13 year old plastic gets real brittle..... when i remove panals on older cars its best to apply pressure right at the contact point and not on a edge lifting...and evn that sometimes doesnt work.... hope you get the idea

Quick Reply: LT1 replacement dash pad, easier removal?