Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Leather Conditioner on Ventilated Seats? Also Best Anti-Static/Dust for LCD and Dash

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Leather Conditioner on Ventilated Seats? Also Best Anti-Static/Dust for LCD and Dash

I have a three part detailing question, mainly related to a new Caddy STS we just picked up for my dad - it has the heated and cooled/ventilated seats:

1) I've always used Lexol on my leather interiors in the past. With the ventilated seats, are there any precautions to using or not using a cream based leather conditioner like Lexol? My concern would be the cream seeping into and/or clogging the tiny holes for the vented air.

2) Even after just a few days of getting the car, the dash has picked up a TON of visible dust. I don't like the greasy shiny typical Armour All look, but is there a cleaning / anti-static / anti-dust cleaner that will work for the dash and interior panels?

3) I'm sure this has come up before, but in addition to fingerprints, there is a ton of dust collecting on the LCD screen. What is the best way to clean that screen of the fingerprints, and does anything work well as a dust repellant?

I have the same problem on our high-def video camera we just bought with the touch screen LCD, the fingerprints seem to be tough to wipe off.

Thanks in advance for any advice, tips, and links.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:01 AM
TECH Addict

I used to use Meguires Cream Leather Conditioner on my TA seats - had same problem with perforated inserts clogging, cream turning brown and looking like ***.

I switched to the Meguires Spray-On Leather Conditioner and problem solved.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Monster iClean works great on LCD's etc....

Quick Reply: Leather Conditioner on Ventilated Seats? Also Best Anti-Static/Dust for LCD and Dash