Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior modification

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior modification

Hi all, I am not too familiar with anyone who makes interior modifications and upgrades for our cars but I have two motivations for upgrading mine, it's faded and weathered and has seen better days, and I want something with a little more upscale look. I hope it's not all a complete custom job but if anyone knows any good interior parts (dash panels, consoles, seats, door panels) sellers I'd love to know. This is foreign subject matter to me but I'd like to have an interior that is on par with a new GTO or CTS interior (not exactly the same, but classy in that manner). Ty
Old 08-04-2007, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

If I EVER get some damn pictures outta my Camera I'll send you some of mine. Its not crazy custom just upgraded.

I reupholstered all the seats with a very high quality leather, then wrapped my door panels in the same stuff and added some padding in a few spots in the seats and reshaped some foam to build up the supports in the seats and made the buckets a little deeper and higher on the sides. Wrapped my dash in some nice vinyl and built some new visors that are a little more up to date with some added pockets and such. The center console got a couple refinements. Re-Wrapped my steering wheel with matching leather with a little better stitch pattern. Got some nicer floor matts, etc etc. Also one thing that really helped the looks more than anything else was covering the speaker panels... Just wrapped them in some nice black mesh and they look factory but nice and smooth. And lots of screw covers and smoothed edges. Its the details that make the difference. People that own Camaro's and Firebird's of the mid 90's that have seen the inside of my car freak out, and its just all little stuff...
Old 08-04-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

pic's?

Quick Reply: Interior modification