Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

HID help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID help!

I have the HID conversion kit on my T/A and turned them on tonight and one of them came on while the other just flickers for a second and then goes out. Is it a bulb issue or a ballast issue or faulty wire?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Teching In

might be the ballast. I got shitty ballasts (you get what you paid for) and it did the same thing. Flicker go out, sometimes come on, eventually failed all together. Best route is get extremely reliable ballasts from a reputable company and good bulbs. The rest is mounting and plug and play. I have HID projectors on my Z28 now and I love them, they look and perform great. It's a custom fabbed H3 kid using new projector housings
Old 08-03-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by the IROC
might be the ballast. I got shitty ballasts (you get what you paid for) and it did the same thing. Flicker go out, sometimes come on, eventually failed all together. Best route is get extremely reliable ballasts from a reputable company and good bulbs. The rest is mounting and plug and play. I have HID projectors on my Z28 now and I love them, they look and perform great. It's a custom fabbed H3 kid using new projector housings
Well Ive had them since November and theyve worked great since then its just that it started doing it tonight. I would hope they are reliable ballasts since I got them from a sponsor on here.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Call/email the sponsor.
He may be able to help.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember at least one sponsor here who offered substandard ballasts. Out of respect I won't mention their name.

Quick Reply: HID help!