Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

5-Point Harnesses! Mounting to Roll Cage...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 5-Point Harnesses! Mounting to Roll Cage...

Securing Belts to Roll Cage!

I just added leather corbeau seats and modified my roll cage to accept my new 5 Point harness cam lock belts. I know you can drill holes in the rear bar behind the seats to secure the belts to the bar and then run them through the racing seats and all. But... My car is a show/drag car so I want the cleanest look possible

I was told there was a product ( Some kind of billet clamp ) that secured them to the rear bar. I was just seeing if I could find some of the guys in the forum with 5 point harnesses and how they secured their belts to the rear bar!

ALL PICS WELCOME!

Also if I posted this in the wrong section, someone shoot me the right direction!

TIA Fellas!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Some tracks will not pass you on tech if you are bar attached they want you to have wraparounds.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry this maybe a total numb question but does anyone have a pic of a wrap around. I am unfamiliar with wrap around mounting. Or could direct me in the path of where to find whatever I will need to do so. Thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Default pic

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...s_install2.htm

Originally Posted by HILL_SS
Sorry this maybe a total numb question but does anyone have a pic of a wrap around. I am unfamiliar with wrap around mounting. Or could direct me in the path of where to find whatever I will need to do so. Thanks
Old 10-19-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dont know if you can see it in this pic but my wolfe cage has a extra little bar welded onto the back of it so you can mount the top part of the harness to the cage right behind the drivers seat. i had the 5 point in my car for less than a day, it took too long to get all buckled up and i felt like an *** hat driving around with it on. by wrap around if you mean padding i just went to home depot and bought some. theyre on the pipe isle next to the pipes lol

Old 10-19-2007, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HILL_SS
Securing Belts to Roll Cage!

I just added leather corbeau seats and modified my roll cage to accept my new 5 Point harness cam lock belts. I know you can drill holes in the rear bar behind the seats to secure the belts to the bar and then run them through the racing seats and all. But... My car is a show/drag car so I want the cleanest look possible

I was told there was a product ( Some kind of billet clamp ) that secured them to the rear bar. I was just seeing if I could find some of the guys in the forum with 5 point harnesses and how they secured their belts to the rear bar!

ALL PICS WELCOME!

Also if I posted this in the wrong section, someone shoot me the right direction!

TIA Fellas!
DON'T DRILL IN TO THE BAR! THAT WOULD COMPRIMISE INTEGRATY OF THE BAR IN A CRASH AND MAY NOT PASS TECH, ONLY TIME THE BAR
SHOULD BE HAVE A HOLE DRILLED IN IT IS TO INSPECT THE BAR ITSELF AND THOSE ARE USUALLY VERY SMALL HOLES ABOUT THE SIZE OF A PIN HOLE
YOU COULD WELD TABS TO THE MAIN BAR , OR RAP THEM OR GET THE CLAMPS THE ATTACH TO THE BAR BUT YOU ALSO NEED TO HAVE THE DEGREES OF ANGLE CORRECT............ BEST BET CONTACT WHO YOU GOT THE BELTS FROM DO WHAT THE MANUFACTURE RECOMENDS...
Old 10-19-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are your harnesses DOT approved? You can get a seatbelt ticket if they aren't. Gay, I know.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

this is how I did mine..
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rrent=25d2.jpg
Old 10-19-2007, 02:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can get you some close up pics of mine wrapped around. If you take your time, they don't look too bad. Its just a paing to get the initial adjustment spot on.

Quick Reply: 5-Point Harnesses! Mounting to Roll Cage...