Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fully Detailing Soon--advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 12:41 AM
What's a Sticky?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fully Detailing Soon--advice

Well, after hours of research on here, I have finally determined which products that I am going to use. I've decided to buy a Porter Cable and finally detail my car the right way. I plan on washing my car, clay bar, wash again, use Menzerna IP with the porter cable, followed by Menzerna Final Polish. Then I plan on using Zaino Z-2 w/ ZFX along with the Z-6.

I'm not really looking for criticism on which products I have chosen, but more criticism if my process sounds correct or not. Also, my main question is which Sonus pad should I use on the PC when applying the Menzerna IP and final polish? I appreciate any input guys. BTW, this will be my first time using an orbital buffer, if that affects which pad(s) I should use.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

no need to wash again after claying. If you use QD as lube, you are done .. if you use car wash soap as a clay lube, then simply rerinse.

As for the Sonus pads .. depends on how bad your finish is .. I will usually use a yellow pad with the IP for heavier work.. a white pad for lighter work ..
Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 AM
What's a Sticky?

Well, I think my paint is in pretty good shape. Although it is pewter, so its hard to tell. I can see a couple light scratches here and there. Would there be a down side to using the yellow pad if my paint wasn't in bad enough shape for it?

How about the Menzerna Final Polish, which pad should I use with it??
Old 10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
What's a Sticky?

So should I use a yellow pad with the IP and a white pad with the Final Polish? If my paint isn't pad do you think I should use an orange pad with the IP, or should I just do the yellow?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For my black T/A I use the orange pad with the IP, then move on to the blue pad with the FPII, that's for the first wash/detail of spring (after a winter of being a DD)
Depends on what your finish is like on which pad you use, there won't be any harm in using the orange pad first