Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Bumper Question, Camaro/Firebird Formula-T/A conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Bumper Question, Camaro/Firebird Formula-T/A conversion?

Will a 2000+ Camaro/Firebird Formula rear bumper bolt up to my T/A?

The reason I am asking is because I am running TD's and I would like to have a smooth look to the rear bumper with no exhaust outlet housings.

Here is a link to the site where this discussion started. http://utahmusclecars.com/index.php?showtopic=7824 I would just like some more input as to if anyone has thought about doing this or done this and what they think about a Formula bumper on my car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...023598223&rd=1
Old 10-30-2007, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

um...first the camaro and firebird bumper are different.

but yea a firebird bumper will bolt up to the back of your TA, IMO won't look good at all though, I'd just keep the TA bumper.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD WS6
Will a 2000+ Camaro/Firebird Formula rear bumper bolt up to my T/A?

The reason I am asking is because I am running TD's and I would like to have a smooth look to the rear bumper with no exhaust outlet housings.

Here is a link to the site where this discussion started. http://utahmusclecars.com/index.php?showtopic=7824 I would just like some more input as to if anyone has thought about doing this or done this and what they think about a Formula bumper on my car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...023598223&rd=1
The formula bumper will fit but you might need to modify your plastic bumper support thats behind the bumper. I switched from a formula bumper to a TA one and it fit just fine.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
The formula bumper will fit but you might need to modify your plastic bumper support thats behind the bumper. I switched from a formula bumper to a TA one and it fit just fine.
I wonder if the Formula plastic bumper support will fit right up with the Formula bumper to my car too without modifications then.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BAD WS6
I wonder if the Formula plastic bumper support will fit right up with the Formula bumper to my car too without modifications then.
The bolt pattern for the support unit should be the exact same for the formula. The only thing I can see is that you won't use all of the screws from the TA one, since there is a little less material to support on the formula one.

I do remember there was a user here that had to chop his TA one a little to fit the formula bumper. Just a heads up if you decide to reuse your TA one.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

The bolt pattern for the support unit should be the exact same for the formula. The only thing I can see is that you won't use all of the screws from the TA one, since there is a little less material to support on the formula one.

I do remember there was a user here that had to chop his TA one a little to fit the formula bumper. Just a heads up if you decide to reuse your TA one.
He had to chop it?
Old 10-30-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

i swapped my formula one for a trans am one and had no problems i cant imagine why doing the reverse would cause them.

and i still have it if you decide to go though with it
Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
i swapped my formula one for a trans am one and had no problems i cant imagine why doing the reverse would cause them.

It's different because the trans am comes down to the ground farther around the xhaust pipes. The support on the formula won't have the lower portions, therefore it won't fit appropriately over the lower part of the support.

By chop I mean cut it down a little bit. Nothing to affect the integrity of the unit.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackbyrd

Do you have any pictures and info?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

It's different because the trans am comes down to the ground farther around the xhaust pipes. The support on the formula won't have the lower portions, therefore it won't fit appropriately over the lower part of the support.

By chop I mean cut it down a little bit. Nothing to affect the integrity of the unit.
I think I kinda get what you are saying. You wouldn't have pics of any of this would you?

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper Question, Camaro/Firebird Formula-T/A conversion?