Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gauge Install Wire Access Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Install Wire Access Questions

Hello all!

Im doing a triple pod with 3 Autometer gauges. I have my pod installed, and all my wires are just tucked in the side of the dash and hanging. My questions are:
1. where is the best place to access my pink wire for power? (1b) Do i need to remove any panels?
2. where is the best place to access the green wire off the back of my dimmer switch to power the lights? I have read where someone did this in the fuse panel,,,how? from behind, and how was it wired in, just looped around a fuse leg? LOL, i know, ima idiot with electric stuff
3. are ther any close good grounding areas on the drivers side, under the dash area?
4. when tapping my hole (ouch) for my oil temp guage sender, is there a "best" place for the hole to be drilled? Anyone with pics?
5. does anyone have any pics of the stock water temp sender location by plug # 1?,,,is the the lil electrical plug right next to the plug?
6. when tapping into my purple wire with the white stripe for my light show gauge,,,do i just peel back some insulation and wrap my wire around it and tape.....there is no slack in this wire, so i f cut it, i dont think it would reach to reconnect.

Senders, im cool with, i have my adaptor 2277, which dosnt work with the supplied senders, so i have the shorter sender 2259 for my water temp

My light show guage is going into the purple w/ white stripe wire on my drivers side fuel rail wire loom

my oil temp sender will be going into the plate above the oil filter,,i will be drilling and tapping my own hole

Thanx Everyone!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please move my post,,i think im in the wrong area,,,