Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tropicare users?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Tropicare users?

Hey guys I recently bought a Tropicare package that I'm pretty happy with. My question is....Have any of you guys used a typical(rotary) polisher with the tc3 polish. I have a variable speed polisher from Dewalt that I've used with other polishes with good results. I was curious about your experiences since I don't have a D/A style polisher. I don't see why it wouldn't work o.k. as long as I use a very soft pad and the right speed.

Last edited by Vicious95Z28; 11-23-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28
Hey guys I recently bought a Tropicare package that I'm pretty happy with. My question is....Have any of you guys used a typical(rotary) polisher with the tc3 polish. I have a variable speed polisher from Dewalt that I've used with other polishes with good results. I was curious about your experiences since I don't have a D/A style polisher. I don't see why it wouldn't work o.k. as long as I use a very soft pad and the right speed.
The TC-3 has no cutting ability. If you looking to apply with a rotary, use a moistened black or blue "finishing" pad at the lowest speed for simple application and coverage.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve@Tropi-Care
The TC-3 has no cutting ability. If you looking to apply with a rotary, use a moistened black or blue "finishing" pad at the lowest speed for simple application and coverage.
Thanks Steve! How much cutting ability does the swirl remover have?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah i just bought the Porter Cable kit PLUS the middle detail kit from Tropicare and just used the PC the other day on my truck with GREAT results. Steve is a great guy and more then amazing communication. The DeWalt SHOULD work fine but like said, the TC3 doesn't cut, just polishes.~Cole~
Old 11-23-2007, 11:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28
Thanks Steve! How much cutting ability does the swirl remover have?
The TC-8 Swirl Cutter has an aggressiveness rating of about 40-45/100. It will remove ultra fine scratches up to 2000 grit. This compared to 3M Perfect-It II Rubbing Compound's 65/100 rating.

For the rotary, you can use a black first or white foam pad up to 1500 RPM with the TC-8.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
yeah i just bought the Porter Cable kit PLUS the middle detail kit from Tropicare and just used the PC the other day on my truck with GREAT results. Steve is a great guy and more then amazing communication. The DeWalt SHOULD work fine but like said, the TC3 doesn't cut, just polishes.~Cole~
Thanks for the sentiments.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve@Tropi-Care
The TC-8 Swirl Cutter has an aggressiveness rating of about 40-45/100. It will remove ultra fine scratches up to 2000 grit. This compared to 3M Perfect-It II Rubbing Compound's 65/100 rating.

For the rotary, you can use a black first or white foam pad up to 1500 RPM with the TC-8.
I've used the perfect it 3 quite a bit but the 2 only a lil. I always used Imperial machine glaze with the perfect it 3. That stuff works good but makes a horrible mess. I found that perfect it 3 compound was pretty aggressive. I usually found better results with Meguiars dual action polish and the yellow pad that they recommend if the finish wasn't horrible. I've even found good results with Meguiars Diamond cut compound and their red foam pad if finishes were a little worse and the followed it with Imperial and it usually turned out really well.

I'm new to the Tropicare line but I want to educate myself because I'm impressed so far.