Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Zaino?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino?

Alright im about at my wits end with my c5, no kind of wax i am putting on it acts like it wants to come back off. The surface feels greasy. My question is zaino, is it as good as everybody makes out? Im gonna order everything the clay, polish, quick detail, rags, everything and i would just like some input from you guys before i drop that much on some cleaning products. On a side note i do paint and body work on the side and did it full time for about the last 4 years so ive waxed and buffed several cars and ive been using mothers and meguiars products. Any input is appreciated, thanks

Justin
Old 12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

zaino is great man, order it!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Scammer Alert!

another product i found thast works excellent as a mild scratch and swirl remover is "Zymol" i use that with a black 3m pad then use mequires nxt final wax and it usually comes out mint, i have a nbm firebird, so scratches are usually tough to get rid of, Zymol is a good product
Old 12-31-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try the Zaino, It's Good Stuff!!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

try tropi-care ive had excellent results
Old 01-01-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Zaino comes off nicely. I'm not sure what the latest is, I've been using ZFX and Z2 and when it's done you can throw a towel on the car and it slides right off to the ground. It lasts great too. I did my wife's Suburban in the spring and a year later after winter snow and grime the water still beaded up at the car wash. A few nights ago I used the Zaino PC with my orbital and the my finish looks better now than it ever did.

I know Zaino isn't the only great stuff out there, but it is sure one of them!!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Zaino works pretty good. I just did my Fiance's ride with it yesterday. Claybar, machine polisher with black 3m pad and 3m machine polish, and two coats of Z2 using zfx.

Before

After

Old 01-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by black00ssFL

Wow. That was impressive. Think I'll give it a go as well.

I haven't tried the polish/wax yet but I can tell you that they make **** that works when nothing else will. For some reason mine had acid rain/hard water spots on the side mirrors that NOTHING else would touch. Their glass polish took it right off. Worth every penny.

Zaino F.T.W!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

That was mostly the Zaino clay bar and the machine polisher with 3m polish. The Z2 does give it a great shine though, and like what was already said....stuff just flies off of it it's so smooth.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Zaino is an excellent produc,t but what you're describing ("surface feels greasy") sounds like you're not letting the wax fully dry before buffing it off. If that's the case, you won't get the most out of any product, especially Zaino.

What I usually do is take my finger and wipe off a small amount of the sealant I'm using (Zaino, Blackfire, Menzerna FMJ, Tropi-Care TC-3, whatever). If it smears, it's not dry, and trying to buff it off at this point will only smear it around.

Nothing against Zaino. I have used it with excellent results. It's just that what you've described sounds like a procedural problem, rather than a product problem.

-Mike
Old 01-02-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Zaino is an excellent produc,t but what you're describing ("surface feels greasy") sounds like you're not letting the wax fully dry before buffing it off. If that's the case, you won't get the most out of any product, especially Zaino.

What I usually do is take my finger and wipe off a small amount of the sealant I'm using (Zaino, Blackfire, Menzerna FMJ, Tropi-Care TC-3, whatever). If it smears, it's not dry, and trying to buff it off at this point will only smear it around.

Nothing against Zaino. I have used it with excellent results. It's just that what you've described sounds like a procedural problem, rather than a product problem.

-Mike
But with the ZFX the product actually cures relatively quickly lessoning the chances of this problem. I can never get carnuba to fully cure and chase it around like stated. Zaino cures within an hour and wipes right off.

Windshield cam

Quick Reply: Zaino?