Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

anyone have pics of VFN's bolt on WS6 hood?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have pics of VFN's bolt on WS6 hood?

I just got my bolt on Ws6 hood in from VFN and looking at it its gonna need some work to make it look good. There is a small chip on the left "nostril" at the very front of the hood, and there is a flat spot about a inch long on one of the scoops as well but a little futher back. Another thing that im not sure about is the front edge of the hood is about a 1 1/2" long. Stock WS6 hoods look like there about a 1/4 inch long, so i guess im gonna have to trim it. I was wantting to know if anyone had pics of there WS6 from VFN installed on the car.
Thanks, justin
Old 07-03-2003, 11:58 AM
FormerVendor

Default Re: anyone have pics of VFN's bolt on WS6 hood?

Hi Justin. I am attaching a picture that we have from a customer to this for you to check out. As far as fitting the hood to the car - it does require some modification (but not much)...Please give us a call at the shop and one of our guys can walk you thru the process - he is very familiar with these hoods, as he has installed them on several local guys' cars. Please do this before you grind anything, there is some grinding to do, but you do not want to take too much off the bottom - or anything off the sides of the hood. We are currently working on some instructions for these particular hoods to send to customers.
As for the chip and flat spot....we do have a finishing dept. that double checks the work before sending out our products. The hoods that we have been sending out are pretty straight (should not have any flat spots). Please email some pics if possible and we can check this out too...
Thank You.
Jean
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/johnvfn.jpg
Old 07-03-2003, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: anyone have pics of VFN's bolt on WS6 hood?

Hey thanks for the response jean, I knew the hood would need adjusting so thats not a problem I was just courious to how the finished product should look. I was kindda disapointed about the 2 blemishes though. I'll try and take some pictures for you tomorrow. Over all the hood is in good shape , seems perfectly straight and seems to be a good quality hood.
, justin
P.S. the link to the pic doesnt work please try again or you can send it to jsonic16@hotmail.com