Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

better seats for my SS - Recaro, Corbeau ?

Old 07-09-2003, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default better seats for my SS - Recaro, Corbeau ?

What do you all think are the best seats to replace these sorry excuses for bucket seats in my SS? Recaro, Corbeau, what other options??
Any feedback from those who've got one of these?

thanks
Old 07-09-2003, 11:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Re: better seats for my SS - Recaro, Corbeau ?

Don't rule out a set of Firebird seats. They are much more comfortable and supportive and will bolt right in.

Tony
Old 07-10-2003, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

Are all of the wire connections the same, b/c unlike the Camaros's, I know Firebird seats have the adjustable side supports.

Ryan
Old 07-10-2003, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced my 02 ebony leather seats with Corbeau A4's because I have a roll cage in the car and I got tired of having to reach behind me to try and grab the shoulder straps to the 5 point harness. I wanted seats that had the holes in the head rest for shoulder straps.

If you are looking for racing seats I would recommend the Corbeau. I think they are very comfortable, alot more so with the 5 point harness. The only drawback is if you are a larger person, with a little spare tire around the middle etc.. they might be uncomfortable. The Corbeau seats aren't that wide and the side supports are very stiff so if you don't fit in between them the could dig into your sides.

If you need some new luxury style seats the TA leather seats are the best IMO. Or you could look on Ebay for new Camaro seats they are always for sale there.

Lee
Old 07-10-2003, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the best seats in terms of comfort and quality are from Recaro or Sparco. But they are also the most expensive. I have Sparco Torinos for my Z28, and I am putting Sparco Milanos in my SS. The main thing is finding a seat somewhere and trying it out. Get the dimensions of the seat and adjust from there. If the sample seat is too narrow find a wider one. You can spend a ton of money and get a seat that is waaaay uncomfortable if you don't do your homework. There is a lot to consider. I got Torinos for the Z28 because they are tighter, smaller and the seat bottoms clear the sidebar on the 6 point cage. Corbeau Carreras on the other hand hit the sidebars. I am going with Sparco Milanos in the SS because they are wider, more comfotable and better for a daily driver. Plus I don't have to worry about clearing cage doorbars. You should chose by quality, dimensions, then looks.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my Recaros but for the full power heated/cooled versions they are pricy.. about $1k per a seat!

Corbeaus are nice also but certain models are more comphy than others
Old 07-11-2003, 01:42 AM
TECH Resident

I have the Corbeau TRS in my Camaro. They are comfy, but not the highest quality seat on the market. In my opinion, however, they are far superior to the stock seats.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

ive had the forzas, trs, vx2000 and i liked them all, right now i have firebird seats in my camaro, would consider selling them if you are interested. front and rears out of a 96 ws6 formula. in great shape, tiny bit of wear on bolster for driver.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was at ramchargers the other day, and they had a set of red sparcos for 600 a piece. I sat in them, and they werent too bad, but i dont think they were anything too great either. im about 5'6" and 140 lbs. and they werent very supposrtive on my lower back. thats why i hate my stock seats, no back support, i think they were designed for a 200 lb guy or soemthing.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the priceless info, gentlemen.
Steve, you said your Recaro's are cooled as well?? How's that work?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: better seats for my SS - Recaro, Corbeau ?