Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Removing swirls with a rotary buffer

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Removing swirls with a rotary buffer

I've never used a buffer before, using my dodge colt as a test mule since I'm repainting the car anyway. Since I'll need a buffer for when I repaint it, I decided to learn how to use a rotary versus buying a PC.

I used rubbing compound on my car a long time ago, and I feel that has way too much bite to it to use with a rotary buffer. I have a few swirl removers that didn't work when I applied them by hand, Meguiars Swirl remover 2.0 and a Dupont swirl removing product.

http://thedetailinghandbook.com/Polish_Chart.aspx

When someone says they "buffed" their car, what is the product they buff with?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is what i use if you want the details pm me because ive posted it like 50 million times lol. all products are from the 3m perfect-it 3000 line. perfect-it 3000 rubbing compound with a 3m wool pad or 3m foam compounding pad at 1800-2000 rpm, swirl remover and a 3m black foam at 1600-1800 rpm, ultrafina and a 3m ultrafina blue foam pad at 1400-1700rpm. keep in mind ive been doing this for awhile so ive been experirnaced to use the buffer at a high speed. learn at a low speed then work your way up to the higher speed and dont rush the process. if you want a complete write up on wetsanding and buffing my way for a complete then pm me and ill send u it.

Quick Reply: Removing swirls with a rotary buffer