Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Detail: Volvo XC90

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Detail: Volvo XC90

So when I drove the Mustang back to my neighbors house his wife came out and and liked what I did to the car. She asked me to do her Volvo XC90. I said sure, bring it by at 8 in the morning and I will see what I can do. The V8 AWD XC90 had some power. I was surprised.

Refer to this thread about the Mustang detail:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/865723-detail-1990-7-up-edition-mustang.html#post8730153

Car was dropped off at 8:15 am. I drove the husband back home. I then looked the car over.

Overall the paint was in great condition. Just light swirl marks from improper drying. It was cloudy in the morning, so the paint looks in great condition. It was not up to my standards.

Oh, what is that I see? Looks like someone got bombed.

Found a little mark. This was later removed.

Washed the car with Gold Class. Cleaned the rims with Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. Applied Hot Wheels Tire Shine to the tires.

I did a few test spots with clay and found the paint did not need to be clayed. I pulled out the DA and used #80 with a 8006 pad. I found the paint to be on the soft side so I was able to move quickly on each panel. The swirls were removed.

I applied NXT 2.0 by hand.

Applyed Natural Shine to the side mirrors and plastic trim.

Stoner's Invisible Glass on the windows.

Look boys and girls, no swirls!

I'm pissed I didn't get any before shots of the engine bay. It was dirty. I did a quick wipe down and applied Natural Shine to the plastic pieces.

Kman seal of approval.

And we are done.

Comments? Questions?

"Black is a detailer's final test."