Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

polishing prostars?

Old 02-18-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default polishing prostars?

My prostars had water spots on them, so I decided to use some Mothers Chrome polish on them (sine the chrome stuff is pretty gentle), but now the one i did, looks a little dull. Its still really shiny, but not as bright as it used to be.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dunno, but i doubt you put chrome polish on polished rims.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well if i were you i would put out just a little more money and get a can of that mothers billet polish and a mini mother ball... go to town with that... and spend a lot of time on each wheel, and when you are done get a rubber glove and go over the wheels again by hand and just masage the polish in and wipe away... i plan on finally quitting being lazy this weekend and hittin up my wheels, so if i do ill put some pics up for ya...
mine arent prostars, but they are eagle alloys and are polished aluminum
Old 02-19-2008, 01:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Havok2
dunno, but i doubt you put chrome polish on polished rims.
well i know they are polished, but other stuff just seemed too abrasive, so i tried the chrome polish....obviously a bad idea now.

Originally Posted by squeals99
well if i were you i would put out just a little more money and get a can of that mothers billet polish and a mini mother ball... go to town with that... and spend a lot of time on each wheel, and when you are done get a rubber glove and go over the wheels again by hand and just masage the polish in and wipe away... i plan on finally quitting being lazy this weekend and hittin up my wheels, so if i do ill put some pics up for ya...
mine arent prostars, but they are eagle alloys and are polished aluminum

money isn't an issue. I have that stuff already, just wasn't sure which one to use. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

from what ive heard/read, that billet polish is about the best for your money that you can find at a parts store...
thats what i plan on usin this weekend... my buddy that owned these wheels before me thought that you were supposed to use bleach white to clean polished aluminum wheels... :s and on the back of the bottle it specifically says not to use around or on polished aluminum... and anyway, its a tire cleaner and not a wheel cleaner lol...
so i have a big task ahead of me this weekend

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: polishing prostars?