Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Andy (Xsta) any interior pics on the red SS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 12:07 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Andy (Xsta) any interior pics on the red SS?

I saw on your webpage that you have TransAm seats with custom red/black leather. I'd love to see some photos of that! Show 'em!

Tony
Old 07-16-2003, 12:36 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Andy (Xsta) any interior pics on the red SS?

Yea I've seen them in person. They look VERY nice. I'm really thinking about getting the custom leather interior thats going on in the GP area so I can have charcoal & pewter leather combo. I do have a few picture's of his interior, if I fine em I'll upload them for ya... Seems like I've been helping ya a lot, what do I get in return? lol, j/k :p
Old 07-16-2003, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tony, no pics yet of the new "redesigned" leather. I'll try to get some tonight.

Thanks for the comps, Kevin!

(BTW - I found the lug nuts, need to get the decals and ship them off to you.)

Andy
Old 07-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Customizing Director

Andy - Sounds good! Was just about to ask you about them . Guess you don't have to worry about the picture as much, heh.

Well here's the best one I could find:

Old 07-16-2003, 12:06 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How come my seats dont have those buttons on the side? Where did you get your seats done at and how much? How come my SLP ENG. floor mats didnt have the white around the letters? I sold mine because they didnt stand out enough. Those look really good and stand out well! Where did you get those at or did you customize at set of SLP ENG.'s? Thanks
Old 07-16-2003, 12:19 PM
Customizing Director

They have the buttons on the side because they are actually firebird seats that were re-done in leather, but still have the camaro pattern. Yea I got confused the 1st time I've seen them to
Old 07-16-2003, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thoes are sweet, I wonder how much it would run to get black seat with gray in the middle? Anyone have a link to where I could check on this more.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

NVMySS - As Kevin stated the seat in my SS are out of a wrecked 1999 WS6 Trans Am, full power with adjustable lumbar and side bolsters for both passenger and driver's side. As for the floor mats, that is the way they came from SLP, not sure if in 2000 the embroidery was in a lighter grey since that ws the first year for ebony seats. I really don't know.

stang killer - Thanks for the compliments. The seats in my car have been 100% recovered in leather and redesigned slightly so the cost was very high. To have inserts put into the stock seat cover is easily done and costs around $1,200. Find a good custom upholsterer, that does custom cars and the like and they'd be able to help you out.

The other option is to get 100% replacement covers for a place such as Katskins.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Newer mats from SLP have darker embroidery.. my new ones were black but my OEM 2000 ones look like andys

Nice interior.. very CLASSY!
Old 07-16-2003, 05:08 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year is your car? I ordered some from SLP ENG. along time ago, but sold them on Ebay because I didnt like how the lettering stood out. I dont understand why mine didnt have the white outline. My car is a 2000 model and Ive got the ebony interior. I only saw once set of SS mats on their site and Jason the guy I bought them from didnt mention if I wanted the white ouline. Do you think they still make them like that? What color interior do you have? Maybe only the charcol has the white outline. About the seats...can you explain a little more on how you did them? I can tell that the buttons are from a Firebird, but how did you get the actual seat to look like a Camaro seat? I really didnt want to swap out seats for one reason...and that reason is the nasty look on that runs down the side of the seat where your back goes. The fin like plastic portion that has lots of lines. That threw me off a lot and discouraged me from getting those seats. I like the way that it has the Lumbar controls, does it still allow you to move it forward, backward, up, down and diagnally? Let me know thanks.