Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with engine bay dress up color scheme

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with engine bay dress up color scheme

Okay I have some but not all of the pieces for my engine bay overhaul I am doing. My car is navy blue so I am combining anodized blue with polished and brushed pieces to really break up the monotony, but really match and work off of each other.

Heres my plan and what I have so far.
I have all of the specialized stainless pieces covers and bolt kit in brushed stainless.
I also have a polished strut bar and typhoon intake manifold with polished 85mm tb

I am getting the all of the caps and maf ends in blue anodized to accent to the color of the car. I am also getting polished aluminum fuel rail covers that specifically fit the intake.

Heres where my problem lies and where I would like your opinion to finish off the bay.

The intake itself is not a perfect polished unit with a few scratches so I want to have it powdercoated candy blue so the metal finish shows through and acts as the heart of the engine bay.

My problem is that the fuel rails are blue and also not in perfect cosmetic shape, the strut bar mounting brackets came only in red, and the FIPK plate is wrinkle black.

So in order to bring it all together do you think I should have the pieces I just mentioned powedercoated in plain silver brushed like finish given my previously mentioned plans. Also do you think the throttle boddy would look odd if I left it polished given the intake manifold would be candy blue and the maf ends would be blue. Thanks for reading all of that and please give your input. And if you can't visiualize everything I have going on I don't blame you I'm trying to work it all out and I have the car and a lot of the pieces in front of me.

I am also working on the interior at the same time with same color combination and accomplish the same continuity, but thats another day. I've got a lot of ideas and sometimes I need someone to just say one thing that will intrigue me.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

Old 02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If the rails are anodized aluminum you can remove the color with easy off oven cleaner and polish them up.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Iron Head
If the rails are anodized aluminum you can remove the color with easy off oven cleaner and polish them up.
Thanks for the info I think I will do this. I know I would be using easy off but how easy does it come off?
Old 02-23-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Like hot butter! You will probably need to spray them a couple of times but anodize wipes off pretty easy. Sand with 1500 and then polish.