Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new "chrome" decal door overlays..

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new "chrome" decal door overlays..

I'm going to put them on in the morning but the directions say not to use water on them, I'm wondering how in the world I'm going to get it to lay right?
I know the smart *** thing to say it just put it on! I'm not very good at lining the letters up though and find it quite difficult even when I've used soapy water before.

Updated pictures.. I had to peel them off a few times but they weren't really stuck down, just kinda trial and error I guess. I really have to watch out when I wash it or they'll start to roll at the edges.
Attached Thumbnails new "chrome" decal door overlays..-bling-184.jpg   new "chrome" decal door overlays..-bling-189.jpg   new "chrome" decal door overlays..-bling-186.jpg   new "chrome" decal door overlays..-transams.jpg  

Last edited by rayvendawn; 02-26-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Use soapy water in a spray bottle. Dont spray to much just to maneuver it into place and then use a dry towel to dry up some water and then wait to dry.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the directions say NOT to use water, then dont. Not all vinyl has the same adhesive on the back side. The ones I installed also didn't use any water.

I just sat down next to my door & took my time. I suggest starting at the top of the letter & making sure thats lined up. Don't let any other part touch except the very top. Once you have it just right slowly start workin down making sure everything stays lined up. As long as your starting point is good it should stay on track the rest of the way down the letter as you lay it down.

Thats about the best advice I can give. It worked for me that way.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^That sounds good but if you have it lined up right your going to peal it up and that is going to leave a crease in the decal. I tried it that way but its very hard. I put those decals on before and never heard of not using soapy water.

Where did you get those decals?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

I got mine from Fourth Circle Designs. I can't remember the instructions but I do know I didn't use any water. They went on just fine & I didn't have to peel them back off at all. It's really not hard if you just take your time & go slow. If you got a good eye, you shouldn't need to slide it around to get it right.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Launching!

yeah ditto I used forth circle designs too.. the letter he sent says "this chrome is easy to scratch, so take care applying the decal. make sure the surface you are applying it to is smooth and dry. apply these dry, to not use any liquid."
Old 02-26-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh cool i got a bunch of decals from them.

But i always use soapy water to put them on other than my build # decal i got from them.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

take some painters tape and make a straight line that runs horizontal down the door. this way you can make sure it is straight and adjust it if needed. then you either line the top or the bottom of the decal up with that tape. good luck
Old 02-26-2008, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by QWIK Z of OP
take some painters tape and make a straight line that runs horizontal down the door. this way you can make sure it is straight and adjust it if needed. then you either line the top or the bottom of the decal up with that tape. good luck

The vinyl overlays go on top of the "Trans Am"(example) lettering on the doors. You would only need to do that if you removed the lettering & wanted just the vinyl on the door.

Here is what is being talked about.....
Old 02-26-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh!!! gotcha! lol, wow that sucks! lol good luck!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

that look good man

keep up the good work!!!!

Quick Reply: new "chrome" decal door overlays..