Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

how do I center my exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I center my exhaust tips

I put LM on my car with corsa clones a week ago. The tips aren't centered at all, in fact(wish I had a pic but hope you get the idea) they are shifted to the right(passenger side) almost all the way to the body(tips look like they are touching but they arn't) on both sides.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I just put on the stock passengers side hanger and had to put some effort into getting it there(had a metal bracket holding it but that wasnt working out...), I'm pretty sure the hanger is too tight and is pulling them over, but it keeps them up pretty well. I did the driver's side hanger with a hose clamp over the rubber, and that keeps it there pretty good, but its still shifted to the right.

Question is: Is there something easy I can do myself? Make a bracket or something to just let some pressure off? or should I just say screw it, bring it to midas or something and see what they can do about it?
Old 03-01-2008, 12:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may have to do some chopping/welding to get it straight, I've seen that with a bunch of LM kits and had to modify it everytime I installed a one ... even the Magnaflows are a bit off
Old 03-01-2008, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

every exhaust I have had on my car has been off a little...one side or the other. You can try bending some brackets or adjusting the slip fit of the tailpipes, but you may just have to live with it.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Launching!

I had to chop mine and i used some tape across the bumper cut outs to get them to line up the same on both side
Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Launching!

I got the passengers side pretty centered with a homemade bracket, now I need a smaller, tighter drivers side hanger to keep that one in place... anyone know of something I can buy?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

the tailpipes are offset because the original tips are offset. you'll have to either modify them or get new tailpipes for the correct allignment.