Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need tips/tricks/ideas/products on how to clean interior?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need tips/tricks/ideas/products on how to clean interior?

As of right now, I use McGuires leather wipes. Dont get me wrong, it looks awesome when its done, but for some reason in the back of my head, I think all that Im doing is covering or hiding all the dirt/scum/trash. I know that the wipes say that they clean, nourish, and protech, but how are you going to have all of those in one wipe. It takes several of those wipes and buying a bottle every other time that I do my interior gets too expensive. Im looking for just a cleaner, and then I will go over it with some type of interior detailer. If you know of any good cleaners for the interior that wont harm the finish in any way, please let me know. Please let me know whats a good interior detailer too. Lastly, please list any tips, tricks, or ideas that you may have that will make it easier to do my interior. If there is a product that you use that has nothing to do with the interior but works great without harming the finish, please let me in on that too. Thanks so much.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Need tips/tricks/ideas/products on how to clean interior?

Zaino Z-9 & Z-10.

Great stuff, I use it on my leather interior about once every 3 weeks. Keeps it looking and smelling like new!

Check it out http://www.zainobros.com
Old 07-21-2003, 12:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for the same thing except I don't like the glossy finish a lot of them have. I want the original dull look. What do you suggest?

Ryan
Old 07-21-2003, 07:05 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use a soapy water mixture to clean my dash and plastic before I coat the interior with a protectant. I feel the products soaks into the surface with less smeary and more of a even same tone shine.

No point in covering dirt with a shiny liquid.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:44 AM
9 Second Club NA

Thats what Im trying to say! I dont want to just cover it up or apply something over it and make it look clean. By doing that, it just smears and gives an uneven tone just as Joe Dieso said. I want to actually remove all the dirt, grime, dust, etc. and then put a protectant on. About the Zaino, I know that theyre really good products, but I really dont want to spend the time or money right now trying to get it. Im really tight for money right now and was just looking for something over the counter. Plus, I just want to hurry up and do it instead of waiting for something to come in the mail. A soapy water sounds good, but it also sounds like a mess! Dont get me wrong, the leather wipes clean it, but it takes a half a bottle to do it and that gets expensive. Plus, it smears so I know that Im just covering it up. The wipes are really dirty when Im done with them, but I know that I didnt remove it all. Any other suggestions? Thanks
Old 07-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Humanitarian

Well.... soak the towel or cloth in the soapy warm/hot water then wring it out and clean your seat with the damp rag, not dripping wet. It's as neat as any cleaner and it's alot more cost efficent not to mention you can use the same towel/soap on the dash and all plastic.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly reccomend lexol products. Get their leather cleaner and conditioner. Absolutly great stuff and I have never had any issues on my tan leather
Old 07-21-2003, 03:32 PM
9 Second Club NA

Where do you get Lexol products?
Old 07-21-2003, 03:38 PM
Humanitarian

Autozone, Lappens, Pepboys, K-Mart, Wal-Mart
Old 07-21-2003, 11:29 PM
9 Second Club NA

Joe Dieso...didnt mean to make it seem like I was totally ignoring your suggestion, I just wanted to know where I could find that stuff. Ill probably do both, just to see how each of them turn out. Im sure anything is better than what I do now. I appreciate the help and if anything else comes up, let me know. Thanks

Quick Reply: Need tips/tricks/ideas/products on how to clean interior?