Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

buffer technique

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buffer technique

i want to buff my car b4 a car show ive done it before on my moms impala and didn't swirl the paint. (still nervous about my car) my car already has light swirls from the previous owner and cat scratches how do i go about removing the scratches (don't want to buy a special wax. i have meguairs scratch x remover) and tricks thanks. o and i have a 8inch buffer (i belive ita big and definitely not 6inch)

Last edited by camaro-94-z28; 03-09-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

personally for taking out swirls and scratches i dont think any meguiars product does the job. i use their products for detailing but i only use 3m products for buffing. if your interested in my writeup shoot me a pm and ill help ya out.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

What type of buffer do you have? The Porter Cable is very user friendly. With the right products you will have no problems at all. A light compound and/or swirl remover with the PC will take care of the scratches and swirls.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Depending on the color of the car I would leave it to the pros. Theres a lot of different variables when buffing. How agressive is the compound? Orbital or rotary? The speed your buffing at plays a major role. You should use a decent wax. Meguiars #26 will do a good job on pretty much any color, as well as give respectable (but not great) durability.

Quick Reply: buffer technique