Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Puddles...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 04:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puddles...

I was out driving around tonight... When I went to let a friend into my car, I noticed a huge puddle of water in the bucket where the seat is supposed to be behind the front passenger seat. No clue where it came from, everywhere around it is dry. Man I hate driving in the rain. Anyone have any ideas? I saw the post about cracked seams... any other thoughts?
Old 07-23-2003, 05:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Puddles...

If ur car is a T-top u might want to check out the seal where the top seals to the rear most part of the window. I have no clue really. I hope u find out what the dilly is.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nope, not a TTop. EVERYTHING in the car is dry except for the low point under the rear seat, and a little at the rear floorboard.

TTT
Old 07-23-2003, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Their is a drain plug under your rear seat check that maybe it popped out. The bucket portion of the rear seat is held in by one bolt by the rear floorbord ttake that out and there is a slit in the carpet look and you should see a rubber gromet. If the gromet is gone you found your leak.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome, thanks, I'll look for that. I'm hoping that is the problem.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I just looked... both drain plugs were still in, I pulled them out and got somewhere between 4 and 8 oz of water out of the car. This is pretty distressing since when I left yesterday it was completely dry. When I got home it was soaked.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

*UPDATE*

Ok, thanks for the help guys, I got it fixed. On the passenger side door, the weather stripping on the back edge of the window was replaced when I got the car. They obviously did a poor job because it had all pulled out of the corner. I could see straight through to the inside of the body and the inside of the interior panels. I wound up pulling it all out and putting it back in the right way. The water was apparently streaming down the inside of the trim piece and settling in the floorboards. This is why nothing else appeared wet. This is another reason to dislike Bill Turd and his service department.

Quick Reply: Puddles...