Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

need some quick help with my frc's

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need some quick help with my frc's

i was attempting to make my fuel rail covers fit tonight and ran into a problem. the pipe that turns into a hose coming off the exhaust manifold (EGR?) take a sharp turn over the motor right after my dipstick. i looked at some pictures and most cars have them outside of the covers. the pipe looks like it might be bent, which might also explain the idoitic placement and angle of my dipstick . i'm just wondering if it's supposed to be this way before i try and bend it out of the way because the FRC is not going to fit with it there. my car is a 98 TA.

thanks
Old 08-11-2003, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: need some quick help with my frc's

That tube into a hose is for the AIR system. I found it easiest to disconnect the hose from the pipe (plastic pinch together clamp holds it) and remove the pipe from the manifold too (2 ten mm head bolts). The cover needs to go under the hose. You can bend the pipe a little but don't break it. I ended up cutting a little notch at the bottom edge of the FRC to clear the pipe once it was bolted back on. Other trimming on that side included: notch for oil dipstick at bottom, trim a fair sized piece off to clear the throttle cables, trimmed a notch on the bottom so it wouldn't rub on heater hose near A/C/heater casing, cut out large part at rear to let AIR hose keep it's shape and not kink. Mine actually turned out better than I thought it would. My best advice to you is to take your time and trial fit the thing many times before you cut (too much). Good luck!
Old 08-11-2003, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: need some quick help with my frc's

Yep! I just removed the metal tubing part and bent it so it would fit. Before the tube was hitting the FRC and the check valve was touching it too, so nothing a little bending couldn't handle.