Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing Ground Effects

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing Ground Effects

Just had a quick question for anyone who might know something about the ground effects on fourth gens...I have been thinking about buying an LS1 or LT1 F-Body and sometimes find good deals on cars with ground effects on them however my personal taste is that I do not like them but was wondering about removing them...Are they a major pain to remove?...And even if not are they held on in such a matter that taking them off leaves holes in the body exposed?...I always though that the brackets or whatever hold them on were bolted right through the body but again I had no idea what the deal was with them...Any info would be greatly appreciated fellas!!...Thanks!!!!...

Jason
Old 08-12-2003, 08:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Removing Ground Effects

Don't know about removing them, but if you end up buying a red LS1 camaro w/ ground effects, hit me up, cause i'll take 'em off your hands I've been looking for a set

Chris
Old 08-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Hey you got it!...However that is not TOO likely to happen...I'm kinda partial to the darker colors...Black's my favorite but after having a black '98 trans am a few years ago I'm not sure I wanna deal with that hassle again...Navy blue metallic, pewter and especially silver are what I'd like...

Jason
Old 08-12-2003, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha,that's cool. that is also what i said until i found a red Z for $3000 less then what everyone else was asking two years back
Old 08-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Well, I heard that on the stock pieces, when you take them off the rivet hols are all visible. They have holes where the body kit was attached to the rest of the panels. Not too noticeable, but still there.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeak,removing them will leave exposed holes. On metal its easy to fix but plastic like front nose and rear bumper, as far as I know the only solution is to replace the parts.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:04 AM
Teching In

Hey thanks alot for the info guys!!...I figured that I'd be better off just waiting for a non-ground effects car but just had to verify...So I'll keep looking for a Z...Thanks again!...

Jason

P.S.--Funny thing is that I would love to have another TransAm too...Yeah, the ones with the ground effects...*LOL*

Quick Reply: Removing Ground Effects