Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Would this look right?

Old 08-16-2003, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would this look right?

I am 15, and I will be working for the next few years and try to get ahold of a 93-97 Camaro. I got a question for yall: I am thinking about blacking out the whole exterior and going for red anniversary stripes. Do you think red powdercoated z06 wheels would look right? If so do any of yall have pics?

One more question: Could someone please tell me the difference between an SS and Z28?

Thanks alot.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Would this look right?

I don't think many people have the patience to answer this question so I'll do it. Someone correct me if I get something wrong. Difference between an SS and Z28: A buyer could have ordered the SS appearance package which will get you an SS hood (hoodscoop), SS spoiler, SS badges, 17"wheels and wider tires, less restrictive exhaust, an SLP build number (SLP is the company who puts the SS parts on), and some other minor things. If you chose, you can order additional options from SLP like suspension, wheels, performance package, accessories, that are not available to V6/Z28 buyers at purchase. There are also some clubs only SS members can be a part of.

I think red powercoated Z06 wheels would look strange. Go for chrome!
Old 08-16-2003, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Personally, I like off beat wheel coloring. There's nothing you can do with chrome that hasn't already been done many times. That's one of the reasons that I'm getting black wheels for my black T/A.

I think a black car with red stripes and red wheels would look mean as hell, provided it is done tastefully.

BTW, welcome
Old 08-16-2003, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for your input
Old 08-16-2003, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

MJMZ28Cvt is dead on correct.

the base SS is little more than an appearance package. Although there are much more options that you can get from SLP.

With that said, I absolutely adore my SS. I looked into getting the Z/28 but the look of the SS is killer
Old 08-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Teching In

steveo my first f body was an 80 camaro i think i painted everything in that car, twice! had plastic skulls everywhere even had one with a strobe in it for a dome light (the cops loved that lol) my point is when your your age you want to customize everything on your car and most of the old guys will frown on you for it trust in your judgement and do what you think looks cool god forbid an original looking car should show up so if you don't buy a collectors edition like an SS go all out if you can buy a 98 though and get the ls1 the lt1 is a great engine but the genIII just has so much on it. good luck
-----------
02 WS6 black/black M6
Old 08-17-2003, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it would look neat only without the red wheels. I'd powdercoat them black, red looks too hot wheels, toy, rice, if you know what I mean. Black looks more like a race car. There is a black Z06 with black wheels around town and it looks cooler than any other car I've seen. If you have the money, you can get black chrome wheels, but they are quite expensive. Good luck!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wonder if you could anodize a set of Z06 wheels red. They would come out looking like a set of 30th TA rims. They would be shiny and not have that 'painted' look.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would this look right?