Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

High Pressure Car Wash + Front End = Paint Missing!

Old 08-17-2003, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Pressure Car Wash + Front End = Paint Missing!

Ok so I was at the local car wash just doing what I do best...washing the car. Im doing nothing out of the ordinary. I done this a thousand times. Im spraying my front off with some soap before I wash the car by hand and when I was going over the emblem on the front it blew about a spot of clear coat about the size of a dime right off. It looks like 10 shades lighter orange than my car is! What can I do? It makes me sick..the car is perfect...it has like two rock chips and that is it. No dings or dents! I could hardly sleep at night I was so upset. What can I do? There is a local automotove air brush guy that works at all the dealerships that I may try to flag down and see if he can touch it up. Any suggestions?
jON
Old 08-19-2003, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: High Pressure Car Wash + Front End = Paint Missing!

Ouch!! That's why I stay away from high pressure hoses with my car. Well, that and the fact that black is such a PITA that breathing wrong can scratch it or chip it. I can't help ya with local, but don't take it to MAACO! "Uh oh! You took it to MAACO!" :p
Old 08-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never heard of that but I suppose it could happen if the clear was that thin.

I have never heard of this happening, espically a regular car wash spray bay. You could always talk to the owner and see if he would pay for the damage, those guns are supposed to be made to spray cars and be safe at the same time.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Well, I used to work at a car wash and I am pretty sure that something like this they would just say that I got the wand to close. Im going to take it back to the dealer and say...Look my paint is falling off and I don't know how it did it! I want it fixed! We'll see what they will do. Probably point to the door! Oh well...later
jON

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: High Pressure Car Wash + Front End = Paint Missing!