Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Opinions wanted on mods for the 69...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 02:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Opinions wanted on mods for the 69...

First off, seats.. ive been offered a great deal (50% off) on these seats:

http://www.procarbyscat.com/procarrave02.html

While not Recaros they seem very nice and I think they would good in the car.. question.. black (my choice) or yellow.. Would yellow be "too much of a good thing" since the backs would be done to match?? opinions..

and the BIG decision.. we are pulling the motor and hot tanking it clean.. what color to go with? We are 99% going with powder painting but what color (orange dosent really go).. I was thinking silver, dark charcoal metallic or even Near Chrome (or a combo of the above (silver block, near chrome heads - etc).. I could near chrome the whole deal but that might be TOO much.. thoughts?

The Orange clashes and while nice in a stock car my car is in the "non-stock" catagory I think..

Thoughts, opinions?
Old 08-19-2003, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Opinions wanted on mods for the 69...

I think I like the Rally, or Elite 2000's better then the High Back racer style seats myself. Think I might save that site for when I do the seats in my 68.

And yes, yellow might be a little much, in opinion. Are you thinking all cloth, or vinyl, or ? I think a nice black cloth set up is what I would/am going with. Nice and clean.

50% off. Go for it, and if you don't like them, I'll buy them off ya!

Oh, and on the block color.. why not yellow? I think that would look pretty cool. If not, then I'd say silver would probably be best.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:57 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about custom yellow and black houndstooth inlays for the seats?

As for the block I would paint it yellow and keep the black valve covers to keep the black and yellow theme going.

Old 08-19-2003, 03:01 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

For seats your gonna have to go with black. I think charcoal metallic would look awesome on the block and will match well with the yellow.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:22 PM
TECH Veteran

I agree with black on the seats.. I like the Ralley ones and I get tempted to go with them in vinal for the vintage look but cloth is SO much more comfortable..

Plus I would like pass throughs for a four point system.. hmmm

I dont know why yellow for the block dosent excite me (seems like the natural choice).. maybe dark charcoal grey for the block and silver or near chrome for the heads.. might be a nice contrast..
Old 08-19-2003, 03:44 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't like the seats for a classic car. Maybe a bit too ricey for a musclecar. Definitely NOT yellow seats! Recaros seem a little more tasteful in design IMHO.

I'd suggest 4th gen Pontiac seats with black leather covers and yellow/black houndstooth inserts. That would be sweeter. Here is a pic of yellow houndstooth on 4th gen Camaro seats with gray leather. It would look (and be much more comfortable) with Pontiac seats:

Go with an "aluminum" color on the engine block, then when people see it they will think it is an aluminum exotic block

Tony
Old 08-19-2003, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Tony, that pic is gross of the inserts. No way, don't do that Steve. That's just MO, though. However, a really nice metallic silver on the block would be kick ***.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

What about custom yellow and black houndstooth inlays for the seats?

Ive never been a huge fan of houndstooth.. but Jon has got me thinking about going with the Rally model seat.. maybe in black velour.. they look oh so comphy and yet have nice lateral support. Plus they look more "musclecar".. at $500ish for the pair I cant beat the price!

BTW Richie.. please remove that darn MSN picture from your signature.. it just gives a red X and throws a pop-up out at people looking at the thread (to register for MSN).. thanks
Old 08-19-2003, 04:22 PM
TECH Veteran

I don't like the seats for a classic car. Maybe a bit too ricey for a musclecar. .

I sorta agree.. how about these.. a little more "musclecar"

http://www.procarbyscat.com/procarrally02.html

Like I said, not a HUGE fan of houndstooth.. and im trying to find a Procar seat I like since they are offering me "the deal"..

Decisions...
Old 08-19-2003, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

I sorta agree.. how about these.. a little more "musclecar"

http://www.procarbyscat.com/procarrally02.html

Now that's more like it. I think those would look sweet. 500ish? Go for it man!
Old 08-19-2003, 05:51 PM

How's that Nitz?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:22 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Richie, that pic is too large for a signature. Please have some scale it down to like 125 pixels tall max. Thanks

Steve, the second ones look MUCH better for that car. I still prefer the 4th gen Pontiac seats more though, they look less "chubby". Those seats look like they belong in a huge car like the Chevelle, not a Camaro.

Tony

Old 08-19-2003, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

i agree with nineball, those side bolsters look too big but a nice choice overall. i second the pontiac seats idea.
as for the block, maybe just keep it black since the rest of the engine bay will be yellow right? maybe some chrome or polished valve covers to spice it up some. im not too keen on a yellow block either, the more i think about it the less i think that would look right IMO.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Richie, that pic is too large for a signature. Please have some scale it down to like 125 pixels tall max. Thanks

Steve, the second ones look MUCH better for that car. I still prefer the 4th gen Pontiac seats more though, they look less "chubby". Those seats look like they belong in a huge car like the Chevelle, not a Camaro.

Tony

Thanks Richie for fixing the link thing

Tony, They are a bit chubby but I wouldnt exactly call the Camaro small.. its as long as my darn 4th gen even though it seems smaller.. Procar designed those seats for early musclecars and such.. plus I get a KILLER price.. 4th gen camaro seats blow and TA seats arent cheap (plus I would have to have them recovered).. Originally I wanted pass throughs but those seats are a bit "boy racer" in appearance.. I should get the Recaro Style seats that were in my 2k SS.. at $600 PER SEAT though thats a lot of cash (non powered).. I can get both of the Procar seat for only $500..

They are located in SoCal.. maybe I will go see some in person
Old 08-19-2003, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

For seats your gonna have to go with black. I think charcoal metallic would look awesome on the block and will match well with the yellow.
I gotta go with MadIce on this one. You don't want to overdue that yellow. I don't think, of all people, you're going make a wrong choice. We trust ya Steve!!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:59 PM
TECH Veteran

I gotta go with MadIce on this one. You don't want to overdue that yellow. I don't think, of all people, you're going make a wrong choice. We trust ya Steve!!
Thanks, it just helps having a "sounding board" at times.. Im pretty sure it will be a dark silver/Charcoal grey color block with some sort of silver on the heads.. im sorta tempeted to do the near chrome on the heads just because I havent seen it done before.. (with billet valve covers..)

Someone posted this on the SLP board and I just found it funny as hell (and so true in a scary way)..

In truth I want a nice mix of chrome, polish, brushed and paint.. Lots of interest

Seats WILL be black.. maybe I can have something nice embroiderd on them..
Old 08-20-2003, 11:17 AM

That ZO69 Emblem pictured on your web page would look sweet embroidered onto the headrest.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Steve, I was thinking last night, and I'm surprised you're not going with late model Z06 seats?? .. considering your whole "Z069" theme and all. Obviously would be expensive... but anyway...
Old 08-20-2003, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Steve, I was thinking last night, and I'm surprised you're not going with late model Z06 seats?? .. considering your whole "Z069" theme and all. Obviously would be expensive... but anyway...
Vet seats are great in a vett.. but they dont even recline..

My Z069 project does not mean im trying to turn the 69 into a Z06 vette.. it means I plan to embrace the idea of a car that can drag race, road race and just plain cruise.. its an all around street fighter that puts performance first but dosent forget about style and some comfort

Old 08-20-2003, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Steve, the 'Vette seats recline . The sport seats in my old C5 did.

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted on mods for the 69...