Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Some new picture's + end of summer rant

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Some new picture's + end of summer rant

Well I must say I've been pretty suprized how many car shows I made it to and win not one of them. Some of the shows were pretty nice and it was good to be at them, but I would still get mad losing to PT cruisers, stock apperance cars off the showroom and I've even lost to dirty, scratched, and poorly modified cars. I am also asked at every show if I'm entering stock class or even asked why I entered modified... but then their are some guys (mostly under 30) that know of all the mods I've done and work I've put into the car. I love talking to these guys because we usually end up talking for 30mins or so (hmm wish judges were like this). But I'll stop with this now, here are the quick picture's I took from today. I ran out of batteries so the engine bay pic is from superchevy. I'll let you guys determin what you think about the car (comments, add, remove).

Today:

SuperChevy:

Old 09-03-2003, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Some new picture's + end of summer rant

don't worry about it your car is freakin awesome!
Old 09-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Customizing Director

don't worry about it your car is freakin awesome!
Yea I won't, but I still have to say it!

At one point I was actually thinking about selling it and buying the new Infinity FX45, but then I looked at the car and said screw that; I love this car too much. Hoping to buy a daily driver this month .
Old 09-03-2003, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where did you get your floormats?
Old 09-03-2003, 06:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Your car could probably use some more color, maybe it doesn't "grab" the judges attention enough.

Ditch those safari-pattern cloth seats. Definitely the worst 4th gen pattern ever sold. Even worse in tan color though.

2" cowl hood, black bowtie SLP grille with a pewter bowtie, and black hockey stripes on the side. That would get my attention as a judge

Tony
Old 09-03-2003, 07:38 PM
Customizing Director

Nine Ball - I was waiting for you to say :truck grille" . But I really like how the grille looks, but then I'm still debating about tring others.

As for the 2" cowl hood, did you get that from remembering my post a few months back about possibly getting one ? Still might do the cowl hood, haven't made up my mind.

As for the hockey stripes, the only ones I was considering were the sprewell version. All others are too shrot and don't fit our cars IMO. If I did decide to get the sprewell side stripes I'd want them painted on ... damnit now I'm really thinkin about them!

Oh yea, about the safari-pattern cloth seats , I think they are the best ones they made for the 4th gen. The black was cheep and always cracks, tan I just didn't like, tan cloth was the worst. So stock wise I think these look the best and most people seem to think its custom, lol. BUT I did want to get custom leather seats (black with pewter inserts), but I have yet to see a company that makes the STOCK style pattern without charging an arm and a leg... some people aren't sponsored like you tony

Thanks for all the input tho!!!!

minivette - www.USspeed.com for the mats.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look what I had to do to my SS just to get the respect and attention from the "old school" crowd.. even with the HUGE amount of mods I still had people thinking my car was stock??

When I beat a bunch of first gens the judges said there was a real battle to give it to me since half the judges though "a new car can NEVER be better than a classic" the judges on my side had to hand-hold them through all the stuff I had done to the car.. in the end I won and several 1st genners were pissed..

In a way you can take being mistaken for stock as a compliment.. it means your mods flow well with the car and dont look tacked on.

You should see some of the stuff ive lost too over the years..
Old 09-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Teching In

great looking car!

did you put something else around you pcm other than the fiberglass cover, i looks like it covers more than mine does.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Customizing Director

Steve2000SS - The thing you just said about my car being called stock as a compliment is the exact thing I keep telling myself . That is true tho because I take a lot of time on each mod to make it look pro-type . Hearing how you had a hard time even with your car makes me feel better :p.

mccool98ta - Yes I do have a fiberglass cover for my PCM, and I also did the !wire mod where I ran all those wires on the passanger side into the wheel well (I'm assuming thats the stuff missing that you still have?)
Old 09-03-2003, 08:33 PM
TECH Junkie

How do you prop up the T tops like that? Looks nice and sets the car off. Nice work.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Customizing Director

How do you prop up the T tops like that? Looks nice and sets the car off. Nice work.
2 black rounded wood sticks with a nail threw it, good old octaneZ28 made em for me.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Something I haven't seen done yet is a normal colored Z28 with a painted SLP grille. What about getting the SLP grille and painting it pewter, similar to how mine is? Same areas black, the rest pewter:

The Sprewell stripes are very nice. I also like the GMMG style ones. These end at the doors, like the original '69s did (before the door handle).

Your Z06 wheels look great however, I wouldn't change them. They just look *right* on the Camaros. If they made black ones with a machined lip, I'd have them on mine. I asked AFS about making some, but they said "not at this time".

I'd still rather have the two-tone pewter/black leather in the LT1 style than the tropical safari cloth . I actually prefer the old style pattern over ours. Looks more sporty. How about getting some 4th gen Firebird seats and having them done two-tone leather? That would look awesome.

There are just so many things possible. Having someone ask if the car is factory IS a compliment. That means you have taste

Tony
Old 09-03-2003, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

dddddaaaaauuuummmmm nice ride homes damn i was trying to find some pictures of it a while back thanx for posting them you got on sweet *** ride homes........nice style,speed,looks.. looks great homes
Old 09-04-2003, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Your car is definately ONE of the best looking F-Bodies I have ever seen! I say get some nice Corbeau seats like Steve2000SS had in the 00. The hood looks good like it is and a cowl would give it an abstract look. Never really been a fan of cowl hoods on Camaro's. How do you keep/get your headlights so glossy and shiny like they are. My headlights are clear, just don't have the gloos like yours.

Ryan
Old 09-04-2003, 01:00 AM
Customizing Director

Nine Ball - I actually have seen the grille thing done before on a silver Z28. Didn't like the way it turned out looking... but if I did the back parts of it black like you did it might make it look good. Also I was thinking about gettin a set of T/A seats and then the 2-tone leather, but once again no money for that yet, unless I was sposored by a company that would do it for me.

35thSLPss2002 - Thanks homes!

Onyx Z - I was thinking about getting the same seats steve had (Recaro's), but it ended up costing as much if not more then having my camaro seats custom done. I might still look into Corbeau since they aren't too expensive, but then I'd want the rear seats covered in the same material so they match . Thanks!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like your leather seat with pewter insert idea. It would really set off your interior.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

That's right, they were Recaro's, not Corbeau's. I was looking at a set of Corbeau's a friend just got and was thinking that. Sorry, haven't seen his car in a while since he sold it. They are both really comfortable though.

What about the headlight gloss. How do you make/keep them so glossy and shiny? Mine need this done to them bad. They are clear and all, just don't have the gloss like yours. Man, I cannot get enough of your car. It's just so beautiful!!!!

Ryan
Old 09-04-2003, 04:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks nice, but you need to make it a little faster
Old 09-04-2003, 04:50 AM
11 Second Club

Very nice car man.

Madice, where did purchase your zo6 rims from and wat size are they,tire size, and what kindah coil springs u got. Thanks in advanced. Z06 rims looks sweet on your car man.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:03 AM
TECH Regular

I agree with the "looking stock" thing. It really is a compliment. People ask me if my car is a special edition. Oh and I love your car. One of the best 4th gens ever in my opinion. Less is more. I love the grille and would keep that but I'd definitely get a hood and remove the side molding (I'm waiting for my hood to come in right now as a matter of fact). Yeah the pewter and black seats would help your interior a lot too. Oh yeah, I have the Sprewell-style HS stripes on my car btw.

Quick Reply: Some new picture's + end of summer rant