Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My berger mod and billet grille - how do I attach 69 Z28 emblems? Pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My berger mod and billet grille - how do I attach 69 Z28 emblems? Pics inside!

Well I just finished my berger mod last night, and I got my Goodmark Z28 emblems in today.

How are you guys attaching them? They have 3 1/2'' long studs on the back of each one. I plan on just drilling a hole though the berger panel and using the supplied self-cutting nuts, and if it's not long enough I'll just use a thick CA glue. I have no idea how to attach them to my billet grille though!

Any suggestions?

Here is the project I finally finished. Looks GREAT in person but you can see some flaws in the pictures. I do mechanical work but DEFINITELY not body work LOL. Lot of time, lot of bondo, LOT of sanding, and finally it's finished.

Here's the beginning of the madness

After a lot of bondo, then came a lot of spot putty. I used the orbital and a razor blade to knock down the chunks, and hand wet sanded with 400g

First coat of primer

Again

Sprayed!

Closer

The emblem is just sitting on top of it right now.. Hopefully I'll get it mounted tonight.

Grille emblem

Braces on the catfish

I know it's not perfect, but I'm far from a body work guy. I just did it in my spare time for a fun project and something to make my car unique to anything around here. Up close you can see some slight flaws/dust (did it in my garage) but overall it turned out great for what I had to work with. I'm sure it will look perfect from 5' away when it's on the car. The "ripples" you see in it are just reflections, the are not actually there. It is painted satin black. Flat doesn't work out very well for me, and gloss had too much shine for a berger mod IMO. This will look great, I hope!

Just thought I'd post it up and see what others think. I really have no idea hwo to mount the badge to the grille. Any suggestions would be great, or people that have done it before let me know what worked for you. Thanks
Old 09-12-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like I like
Old 09-13-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

You did a great job. That exactly what i did to mine, looks better without the camaro imprints.

I cut off the back sticks of the emblem then put emblem tape bought at the auto parts store. Thing is the emblem wont sit flush with the rear tail panel so i was only able to put tape on the end of the emblem but hold up firmly. Yours looks great brand new, i bought mine used and need to paint it -emblem. Really makes a big differnce on how the rear end looks. The front looks real good too.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks great!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks good man!! i went ghetto on my 69 Z/28 emblem on my grill. i just used some black zip tie to tie it down on the grill..lol.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

Well I'm going to be re-doing the paint on the berger. It was WAY too soft, after drying for 24 hours a tap with a fingernail would leave an impression in it. I tried to put a clear over it thinking it would harden up, and the clear turned out a milky color!

Still have no idea how to mount the emblem to the grille.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, that looks real good! I like that you are off-center for the front emblem!!
Old 09-13-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to be putting a second generation Z28 emblem on my Billet grille, how did you mount it?

Edit-
Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Still have no idea how to mount the emblem to the grille.
Damn.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Looks great, nice job.

Quick Reply: My berger mod and billet grille - how do I attach 69 Z28 emblems? Pics inside!