Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

quick question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default quick question...

i was driving on the highway a few days ago, and there was a truck tire on the ground in the lane next to me. the car in that lane ran over the tire and it sent it flying and it hit my car around where the passenger fog light is . there was no damage, but it left black rubber markings . my question, im having a hard time removing these markings with soap and water (most are off, but there is one thick line left), what's a good way of removing this? thanks...
Old 09-07-2003, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: quick question...

3M makes a very good polishing compound, but for that little job, I would just go get a can of the cheap stuff. Just buff it out lightly with some of that white colored polishing compound in the green can and re-wax the area.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, some sort of polishing compound. The other day while I was home for the weekend, I washed my moms car and noticed little spots of yellow all over it (white car). She drove through wet paint on the road. I used the polishing compound and it cleaned it all up.

Old 09-07-2003, 11:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Laquer thinner or enamel reducer may cut it off, but use them sparingly so you don't soften the paint.

Quick Reply: quick question...