Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need some help guys. Wanting to paint engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need some help guys. Wanting to paint engine bay

Hey guys, I am currently in the process of rebuilding the entire powertrain and while everything is out I'd like to repaint the engine pay and possibly the undercarriage of the car. Only problem is that I have no idea how to go about doing it.... This is where I am so far and the way it looks now.... How do I go about doing this??

Old 10-06-2008, 03:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First clean everything really well with dish soap. then clean with wax and grease remover. Next tap everything off you dont want to spray. Tape really well youll be suprised where the paint will get. Now if everything is smooth you can just block sand it all with 800 gritt then clean again with was/grease remover. You will have to sand most of this by hand. If you want to fill anything in now is the time to get body filler. then block sand again after body filler. spray primer on any spots you use body filler. The primer will also allow you to see any mistakes/ waves. If you have to go back and block sand again and reprime. At this point you can spray on your base coat/ clear coat. remove tape and be happy. The key is to make sure everything is perfectly clean and taped well.

Quick Reply: Need some help guys. Wanting to paint engine bay