Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior lights..

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights..

looking at doing full interior lights if i buy this car.. anyone have pictures of stuff they've done? im talking gauges, underseat lights everything.. any prices with your set ups and how to do some of it would be great.. really new at this.. thanks.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen like four threads like this in the last week. Check page two.

Last edited by Counted Out; 10-10-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Teching In

bump.. and i wanna do like 12" underseat lights.. i've seen a couple pictures of ppl doing this.. just wondering what the easiest way to do this would be.. it seems like if you put it under your seat, if you move the seat it will mess with it.. just wanting some idea's.. thx.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Rice master general. . . .

Why do you need lights under your seats?
Old 10-11-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about neons or anything as I haven't got that far with my car yet, but I do know they have these really cool looking fake roll cages. They are not to much money cause they don't work but they look cool. There are also these gauges you can get that have the needle froze in a certain spot and it lighst up so you don't have to wire it up but it looks cool. Oooo and there is this way cool speaker you can get for your car and it sounds like a turbo blow off valve but its cool because you don't actually have to buy a turbo just the speaker. Oh and also there is this stuff called Astroglide you can get so it doesn't hurt as bad from taking it up the *** all the time.

Before you buy that car you might look at a Honda Del Sol.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh and when he said "check page 2" he meant "search for about a minute" and not "type bump" fyi =)
Old 10-11-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe if the neons were white...
Old 10-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Teching In

wow.. dont call someone a ricer you dont know.. go trash someone else's thread's.. dont waste my time.. if you call interior lights ricers we might as well just go and say screw turbo's cause those were in the fast and the furious too.. lets all just go out and buy Superchargers and big Cal hoods so we look HxC.... theres more to cars then going to the track and running the 1/4.. get a life. go trash someone else's thread.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 AM
TECH Veteran

gauges:

took this with my old camera, doesnt really pick up the real blue (looks purple)
Old 10-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Teching In

see .. that looks good lol. thanks for a good post.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
I don't know about neons or anything as I haven't got that far with my car yet, but I do know they have these really cool looking fake roll cages. They are not to much money cause they don't work but they look cool. There are also these gauges you can get that have the needle froze in a certain spot and it lighst up so you don't have to wire it up but it looks cool. Oooo and there is this way cool speaker you can get for your car and it sounds like a turbo blow off valve but its cool because you don't actually have to buy a turbo just the speaker. Oh and also there is this stuff called Astroglide you can get so it doesn't hurt as bad from taking it up the *** all the time.

Before you buy that car you might look at a Honda Del Sol.
Seriously, chill out. Let the man do what he wants to. Just because you don't like something, that means he "takes it up the *** all the time." get a clue. YOU are an ***. Oh and some people on this forum think anything that isn't stock appearance is rice. So I guess that means your Z28 with the SS hood is RICE. It looks like you need some Astroglide your self.

Now back on topic.
blasphemy6789 just make sure the tubes are completely hidden if you go neon under the seats. Good luck and post pics if you get the car.

mycamaross this is very
Old 10-12-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Black&Blue
mycamaross this is very
thanks man, ill probably be switching them out with white leds, blue is starting to **** me off haha.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
thanks man, ill probably be switching them out with white leds, blue is starting to **** me off haha.
I have been thinking about doing the PITA switch to blue in my TA. Was wondering if the blue is easy to see, or did it mess with your eyes? The red is supposed to be easier on the eyes in your perhipheral vision. But...red is so, everywhere.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Veteran

blue doesnt bother me at all, just starting to feel a little........ ricey sorry OP but at first i loved them but the more i hop in my car the more it makes me want white leds
Old 10-12-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
haha, i feel the same exact way. i regret doin blue. but that looks awesome. good job man.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blasphemy6789
big Cal hoods
its COWL hood.

anyway. i would suggest just keeping the lights to a minimum, and put them in spots where you cant see the light itself, but the light shines on other objects. (under the kick panel, so it lights up your carpet.)
Old 10-12-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Yahelou
haha, i feel the same exact way. i regret doin blue. but that looks awesome. good job man.
seems like everyone does. I want to get the white but it still looks a little blue because of the film over our speedos
Old 10-12-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dang, that looks sharp.

I'm doing the exact same to mine, except I have yet to get the headlight switch and asr/fog buttons to light up blue. Everything else is the same, except I have a narrowband a/f instead of the wideband.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think the blue looks great. i'm jealous.

if you do neons under your seats, you need to leave plenty of wire so when you move the seats, the wires don't rip out. other then that, its just mounting them and checking for clearance!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Teching In

yea .. thats current plan.. to put them under the seats hidden so just the carpet is lit up. any recommendation and/or advice on installing the switch.. i was thinking either center console.. or somewhere by the radio.. any idea how hard the center console would be? never really messed with wiring..

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Interior lights..