Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLT modulator>>?

Old 10-13-2008, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLT modulator>>?

can some one explain this to me or show me a picture of how you can have a vacuum modulator on a 700 or 4l60e? i dont get it
Old 10-13-2008, 07:15 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can not get a vac mod kit in a 700r4 because the valve body is different. However in a 4l60e it can easily be done. This was designed for vehicles that might have computer issues controlling transmissions line pressures and is used to replace the pressure control solenoid inside the transmission. There are many other sensors on a vehicle that give the computer inputs. If they are faulty the computer will not give the transmission the correct inputs needed to maintain proper line pressure. With the modulator installed there is a pass through fitting installed in order to get vacuum to the trans. In the fbody vacuum is generally taken from the brake booster hose. Here are a couple photo's for you.

In this photo you can see the brass fitting in the lower left of the photo. This is the pass through fitting.

This photo shows you the modulator installed on the valve body.

This photo shows the line we make when we ship our transmission. This is the line that must be hooked up to a vacuum source.

Hope this helps you with your questions. Vince
Old 10-13-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
You can not get a vac mod kit in a 700r4 because the valve body is different. However in a 4l60e it can easily be done. This was designed for vehicles that might have computer issues controlling transmissions line pressures and is used to replace the pressure control solenoid inside the transmission. There are many other sensors on a vehicle that give the computer inputs. If they are faulty the computer will not give the transmission the correct inputs needed to maintain proper line pressure. With the modulator installed there is a pass through fitting installed in order to get vacuum to the trans. In the fbody vacuum is generally taken from the brake booster hose. Here are a couple photo's for you.

In this photo you can see the brass fitting in the lower left of the photo. This is the pass through fitting.

This photo shows you the modulator installed on the valve body.

This photo shows the line we make when we ship our transmission. This is the line that must be hooked up to a vacuum source.

Hope this helps you with your questions. Vince

man vince, bad *** for sure man!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have heard of this mod from a few people and i thought they were full of **** lol
thanks alot for the info. good job on finding new ways to fix this problem!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluchev
i have heard of this mod from a few people and i thought they were full of **** lol
thanks alot for the info. good job on finding new ways to fix this problem!

im running an ACE RACING stage 2 with the vac mod and everything is perfect!!

Search this Thread