Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Transmission seal conditioner, any builders advice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Transmission seal conditioner, any builders advice?

This stuff http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...&ProdID=229365
I know I'll get flamed for this, especially by non builders.

The problem is this https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...tried-all.html
And if you don't want to read that, in short my trans leaks up front and I've replaced the pump bushing, pump o-ring, pump gasket, pump seal several times. Each time I checked for nicks or scratches in the sealing surfaces.
I didn't check for a cracked pump cover, or distorted housing as suggested because I had it together at that point.
The trans is so dry it's starting to corrode, but theres a drip at the bottom of the bellhousing, it uses about a quart per 2000 miles.
And the fluid is only on the bottom of the pump, the converter and top of the bell is dry so that tells me it's not the converter or seal (because it'd be slinging it)

Now I ask because I put some bars leak rear main seal fix in my sisters van, and I'll be damned if it didn't stop leaking, it's bone dry a year later.

Now I know transmissions are different because of the piston seals. \
I'm just not taking this trans out again, it'll be my automatic anti-rust treatment for my floorboards before I do that again.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Dont know what to tell you it does swell seals and may stop the leak trouble is it will also turn good new seals to mush after a while.
We had a trans do what yours is doing not to long ago changed everything, still leaked , In our case the pump bore in the case was out of round,
You could maybe try it and as soon as the leak stops if it stops flush the trans to get it out before it hopefully dosent damage anything else.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Banned

Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:24 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used some injector cleaner from Gm that worked very good in a bottle similar to the one in the picture. I would say that it could not hurt. If it works let us know. Vince
Old 11-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
I used some injector cleaner from Gm that worked very good in a bottle similar to the one in the picture. I would say that it could not hurt. If it works let us know. Vince
Injector cleaner? I'm confused. Does that work on the same theory as adding brake fluid? (Swells the seals)

I'm almost positive my leak is coming from a crack. I checked every sealing surface, installed quality seals, used a torque wrench, etc.
I'm out of ideas if I were to pull it again and not find anything.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:33 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL no I was just saying I have used those products before. In my case I used the fuel injector cleaner. If you have a crack it will not seal that. If you do pull it again and do not see anything then silicone the pump in place or replace the case. How is the oil pan on this trans? I have often seen a leak misdiagnosed when it was just a pan that was not sealing well. Might be something to consider. Vince
Old 11-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Banned

I'm not sure if a leaking pan would get into the bellhousing, I can see how it would drip down to the lowest point outside the bellhousing, But I have fluid inside the bellhousing dripping out.
I know you told me that once before and when I had the trans apart I looked and seen there was no way it could go from the pan to inside the bottom of the bellhousing.
Maybe I'm wrong? I could be, maybe if it was dripping down, going in the small inspection hole and leaking out of the big one?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

Here are some pics, they don't reveal much.

Quick Reply: GM Transmission seal conditioner, any builders advice?