Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No neutral or park on 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No neutral or park on 4L60E

Have a little bit of a problem: Last Thursday my car (02 TA) was running good until I tried to park at the shop where I work. I put the transmission on Park and took my foot of the brake when I felt my car take off in reverse. I can turn the engine off and get the key out while the shifter is in park, but the transmission is still in reverse, I put the shifter in Reverse and transmission stays in Reverse. I noticed that the shifter does not lock like its suppose to. I can move it from 1st to park without pressing the thumb button. I can put it in Drive and it will shift to every gear just like it normally would. When I put it in neutral, the transmission stays in Drive if I go from Drive to neutral. If I go from Reverse to Neutral, the transmission stays in Reverse while at Neutral. About half a year ago I did some upgrades which include 90mm Fast intake, head and cam swap with new Comp valvetrain. U/D pulley, Yank 4000 converter, DS, 3.73 gears, Torque arm. It was driving real good, well it still does just dont have neutral or park. Which kinda sucks cause I can't use my remote start to warm up my car in the mornings, I have to sit in it and keep my foot in the brake even though its in park. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like you have a damaged shift cable

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Teching In

I was thinking of buying one of those B&M shifters. Do they come with a shift cable or would I still have to buy that separately. If I swap out shifters will I be able to swap out the shift cable at the same time?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Aftermarket shifters usually come with matching linkage or cables.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Thank you. Aftermarket shifter with matching shift cable/linkage will be my priority to get me back to good times.

Quick Reply: No neutral or park on 4L60E