Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e vibration when giving any kind of real load

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e vibration when giving any kind of real load

I just put a 4l80e in my car (toyota supra)!!!! It's a transgo stage 3 with a manaul lockup.

But whenever i give it any kind of load i get vibrations. Would i need to adjust the pinion angle to compensate? Typically would you move the transmission up or down to compensate when vibration only occurs when under moderate load?

-new and balanced driveshaft
-no vibration when revving in neutral
-no vibration when cruising

Car did make a horrid noise when uphill at 15 mph in 2nd with the converter locked. I don't think the transmission likes that.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can either space the transmount up to raise it or put spacers under the crossmember to lower it. I'm fighting the same issue in my TH400 swapped GTO right now. Another thing to look at is that they used some sort or pilot adapter to get the converter centered with the crank. That will vibrate pretty bad as well if the converter is not centered as well as take out the pump in the transmission.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may also need to rotate the rear end , the rear may be to flat or nosed down or up to much , you really need to degree it, I have mine set at -4* pinion angle

Quick Reply: 4l80e vibration when giving any kind of real load