Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerglide

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Powerglide

I picked up a 2 Speed Powerglide for "100 BUCKS" What a deal right....I was wondering what all do I need to change for it to go in my 98 Camaro. Do I have to change the tailshaft or anything? Thanks!

*I know I need a special Torque Converter
*I know I need the Crossmember from BMR Fab.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:16 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Input shaft and it needs to be the 1.82 gear set. trans brake valve body,governor support. get the shifter lever.The stock pump is ok but get it welded or pinned. Talk to a trans shop. Get them to build your clutch pack and clean it in a washer. J and W has a book that is good. I am sponsered by PTC some of the best glides out there . But i run there promod glide.

Last edited by pmbmax; 03-20-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im a little confuse on everything you just said so Ill start over. Im getting a Torque Converter from PTC so thats outta the way. Im getting the Tranny Crossmember with Torque Arm Relocation Mount from BMR Fab. Im getting the Trans rebuilt so I wont have the stock pump. What exactly did you mean by the 1.82 Gear Set, Trans Brake Valve Body, Governor Support, and Shifter Lever? Sorry you have to forgive me. If I wrote a book on what I know about Transmissions it would be very long. So please bear with me here. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by pmbmax
Input shaft and it needs to be the 1.82 gear set. trans brake valve body,governor support. get the shifter lever.The stock pump is ok but get it welded or pinned. Talk to a trans shop. Get them to build your clutch pack and clean it in a washer. J and W has a book that is good. I am sponsered by PTC some of the best glides out there . But i run there promod glide.
Why would you go with a 1.82 gear set? They are extremely weak. A pinned or welded stator tube isn't necessary unless you are close to the 800-1000 hp mark.

Quick Reply: Powerglide