Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

config for Transgo on big stall, light car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:12 PM
8 Second Club

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

Default config for Transgo on big stall, light car?

High guys, a ton good info here...... searched a while and see what is recommended for the Fbody type installs. Figured I'd ask to see what others thoughts would be for me with what I have

Got a light car... 2650lb rx7.... that has a 370 in it that should be in 425-450whp area (l92's/decent cam/forged)...... and a Yank pt4400 converter...... stock 4l60 .... 4.10 rear

Was gonna build the trans right away.... but it sure seemed nice and tight behind the 4.8 that was in my car previously...... so I am going to see what it will hold in a light car

Got the Transgo HD2 kit...... and from what I have read I should probably run zero shims and drill the small holes with a stock trans.

But my thinking is that I could probably get away with a more aggressive setup on it with the light car, big gears, and a big stall to soften the shifts??

Just throw your opinion out there... thanks

zac
Old 03-26-2009, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The higher the stall speed the softer the shifts will feel . With a big stall you would probably be better off with at least 1 spacer/washer in the 1-2 accumulator .I like them with all three but it can be a little tough to get the bolts started . You will like it better if you make the feed holes on the big end of the recomended sizes . I would not recomend going any larger than the shift kit instructions list though . If your acc. pistons are plastic it would be best to replace them with aluminum , they like to break! It will also make a difference which servo piston you have . If it is the vette servo you can get away with less shim and hole size . If it is a 553 piston you need a little more . John
Old 03-27-2009, 12:39 AM
8 Second Club

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by big wally 55
The higher the stall speed the softer the shifts will feel . With a big stall you would probably be better off with at least 1 spacer/washer in the 1-2 accumulator .I like them with all three but it can be a little tough to get the bolts started . You will like it better if you make the feed holes on the big end of the recomended sizes . I would not recomend going any larger than the shift kit instructions list though . If your acc. pistons are plastic it would be best to replace them with aluminum , they like to break! It will also make a difference which servo piston you have . If it is the vette servo you can get away with less shim and hole size . If it is a 553 piston you need a little more . John
thank you!