Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 4l80e swap question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another 4l80e swap question...

Ok....so I read through the Sticky on installing a 4l80e into an f-body, and have most of the needed parts on order.

Question:

How much will I need to "hammer" the trans tunnel? And where? Anyone have any pics from their install? I saw the areas to cut for sensors, but really need to know EXACTLY how much "hammer-modding" is going to need to happen. I have only 1 day(maybe 2) on a hoist at work to remove the v6 drivetrain, and bolt in the LS-based FFI 4l80e combo in the car....so I need to keep things very organized.

Any help here?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a brace in the tunnel about 20ish inches back from the bellhousing. On the drivers side, this is where plug goes (if you are going to computer control this is needed). On the Passenger side farther up the brace (vertically), you will need to clearance it if you are doing AN fittings, if you are doing the hard line you should be fine here.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow67
There is a brace in the tunnel about 20ish inches back from the bellhousing. On the drivers side, this is where plug goes (if you are going to computer control this is needed). On the Passenger side farther up the brace (vertically), you will need to clearance it if you are doing AN fittings, if you are doing the hard line you should be fine here.
So, all of the "hammering" that people speak of is just a minor clearancing for the pressure lines and sensor output areas?? I'm thinking that if this is the case, a dremel should do the job just fine. Is this correct?