Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my trans shot AGAIN???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my trans shot AGAIN???

I recently installed a 4L60e that I bought from a member on this site after my original 4L60e had a pump failure. I was told that the trans that I bought had about 70k on it and had no issues. I flushed out my cooler lines and B&M trans cooler prior to installing the new trans. I also had FTI do a cut and clean on my Fuddle 3400 stall. They relaced the hub, bearings and clutch during the cut and clean.

The car ran great for about 400 miles after the new trans was installed. I checked the fluid everyday and the level was fine. I used Valvoline MaxLife Dex/Merc ATF.

Recently (within the last week) the trans starting shifting really soft and erratic from 3-4. Then yesterday I noticed the 2-3 shift started shifting worse. The shifts would go in and out of gear and the car would rev if given any extra gas. So I checked the fluid and it was fine. On the drive home I noticed that all shifts started getting worse and by the time I was home (after about a 10 mile drive) even the 1-2 shift was taking a crap. The gears would grab every once in a while if I gave it some gas, but most of the driving once I got near my house was in 1st. Today I was hoping that the car would be fine to drive for at least a few blocks before slipping, but no luck. It now slips even when cold.

So is my trans definitely shot or could by stall be having an issue? THANKS.

Last edited by ARCTICWHITE98Z28; 04-13-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like the PCS "presure control solenoid has failed" would be my guess and likley the trans is fried now also.

Call 888-744-6542