Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto trans wows

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto trans wows

If you ever take your car in for trans work and it comes back with FOULED plugs and KNOCK RETARD carefully check the factory header cover on the drivers side. They are easily damaged when the trans is removed because they are so close to the firewall. Some how something broke the rear weld on the drivers side header when the trans was worked on. The car went in running fine and came back running terrible. Unfortuneatly at the same time bad fuel blocked the fuel filter. So it really turned into a nightmare to diagnose. It finally ran so bad it fouled the spark plugs. After changing the plugs it still was pulling timing.

After all the BS i went through to try and figure out what was wrong with my wifes car it all came down to the drivers side header cover was broken off at the rear weld causing noise,causing the computer to pull timing.

Geez i hope someone out there GETS THE POINT!

No one is PERFECT! Todays cars are hard to diagnose BUT YOU HAVE TO TRY!

How could two dealers and the trans shop miss such a obvious problem? I'm extremely disappointed no one at the dealers even took the time to look at it but sure as hell tried to pile the blame on me! I am totally DISGUSTED! The trans guy was depending on the dealer to tell him what was up.

2500 dollars down the drain on what should have been a 500 dollar repair in the 1st place!

We live in a complicated world people...take time to do things right...don't talk a good game..PLAY A GOOD GAME!

Mike at Rapid Motor Sports was the only shop that knew within a few mins it was pulling timing.

Everyone else just talked and made excuses!

Not really pissed at anyone in particular, just pissed that no one takes the time to look at a problem they may have created but are quick to spent ENDLESS hours trying to prove you are nuts and making problems up and they are perfect and can do no wrong.

Damit treat others like you want to be treated and be honest when you screw up!

Last edited by 9987ta; 04-29-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by 9987ta; 05-05-2009 at 01:10 AM.