Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Trans problem after changing injector slope

Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Trans problem after changing injector slope

I have a 2000 Camaro z28. I used the Diablo Predator to check my long fuel trim and it was 25% over. I then changed the injector slope to -26 to compensate for the difference. From a stand still, and general driving, the acceleration and power improved. However, if I am rolling along and "floor" the accelerator (as if to pass another car) the RPMs shoot up to 6000-6500 for a few seconds with no change in acceleration(like I put it in neutral); then it feels like it slowly engages and I speed-up. It feels and sounds exactly the same as when you stomp it from a stopped position and you have to wait for the tires to stop spinning and catch traction to go forward, but the tires aren't spinning. (Which having the power to break traction at 65mph would be nice I must admit...lol) Does anyone know what caused this or how to fix it? I theorized that maybe it was too rich at WOT since the change and I should lean it for WOT but the car does fine with WOT from a standstill... kinda just guessing now.

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Thats unusual Check the fluid level first.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-01-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something is wrong with the car, no way your LTFT would be that far out. Something is telling your PCM to put alot of fuel in there?

Search this Thread