Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Help please!

Whats up fellas? I really need your guys help on what may or what might be causing my issue. I just had an FLT level 4 Transmission installed about 3 weeks ago. Haven't really driven much since then. Decided to take the TA to work this Saturday and when I got home noticed there was some clear redish fluid on the garage floor. With what looks to be 2 to 3 more areas of it, which had dried up already. Just to get it out of the way I am only capable of doing oil changes I will cerntainly try to entertain anything you guys ask me to try. Or take any advice as to why this would happen already. So please any help would really be appreciated.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well trans fluid does not generally DRY UP ?
However being that its red I would assume a trans leak and leaking while setting will ussually be a gasket like the pan , or and oring on a VSS or something, Really though you or someone is just going to have to crawl under there and see where its coming from before anyone can tell you why or what to do.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Terribly sorry, I did not know that.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I hope I didnt sound rude that was not my intent, I was looking at how I wrote that and I see it could be taken a wrong way.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't forget engine coolant, it is red in our cars.... i changed my TB and red fluid went on the ground, i thought it was transmision fluid
Old 07-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Unhappy Update

Well guys I finally was able to get under the car. Been so busy since I posted this thread, I really never had a chance or was able to get under there till now. As I examined the trans pan you can see trans fluid all over it. The thing is it's mainly on the bottom and doesn't seem like it's leaking over the edges were it's bolted up to. It also seems that, not sure what it's called but, i'll take a shot at it, cross member? Which is directly behind the trans pan crossing the rest of the trans as a support. Seems to be covered with what i'm thinking is the trans fluid? I am limited to a floor jack so I really can't get a better look or if it's even possible to get a better look. Also, theres a wiring harness under there that has it all over it also not sure if that matters? It seems to drip a lil bit after I get done driving her not sure if it's right after or later? I haven't driven her much because of the drip. When I do it's to work and back when I have to, which is about 14 miles one way. Please, if there is anyone who might think or know as to what it might be let me know. It would be grately appreciated. Thanks