Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting Problems - Not downshifting or upshifting at times!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Shifting Problems - Not downshifting or upshifting at times!

Sup all,

My brothers having transmission problems in the 99. Here's his breakdown of it:

"When you put the car in drive, it doesn't move. You have to manually put it into 2nd for the transmission to shift in. When the car gets moving, you shift it into drive. But it does not want to shift into 3rd by itself. it instead, goes into neutral. Then you have to shift from drive, into 2nd, and wait til you pick up enough speed to shift into 3rd, then wait a second and shift into drive after its in 3rd. The car will drive normally until you slow down and the car tries to downshift into second and third on its own, while in drive. When you come to a stop, and then start moving again, it does the same thing where it does not shift into 3rd on its own, and goes into neutral. Then you have to repeat the process to get the car moving normally. But even then, the car has jumpy moments when shifting from 2nd to 3rd."

Mods:
Shift-kit
Vigilante 4400 Stall Converter
4.10 Rear
The cars daily driven.

Any ideas?
Old 05-09-2009, 02:25 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a damaged input sprag. Unfortunately the trans will have to be removed and repaired or overhauled. Feel free to give us a call next week if you are interested in a FLT transmission. Vince
Old 05-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,
Apparently I have a transmission from you guys. The person I bought it from said its a Level 4 FLT 4l60e by Chuck.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:11 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is one of Chuck's or my transmissions then we have a program for you. It is what we call a freshen up special. The price is $250 labor plus parts and shipping at our cost. If you would like to upgrade to level 5 now is the time. Please give Andy a call at the shop next week to go over the details. Thanks Vince